A-England Nail Varnish in Ascalon

on
Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's been a while since I last wore an A-England nail polish, so I decided to bust out one of the colours I hadn't tried yet. Given the dreary turn in weather recently (guys, it snowed today, and while I realize that we were freaking out over the global warming-induced, record-breaking temperature days in March, I am now freaking out over snow when we're a week from May), I decided that A-England's Ascalon really suit the mood.


Ascalon is a medium gunmetal grey with fine multi-coloured holographic duochrome shimmer. It looks more like a shimmery gunmetal grey when you're indoors, but when the sun hits, the holographic and duochrome effects of the shimmer are ridiculously stunning: It'll take on gold, pink, green, lavender, aqua, blue, purple... I just about passed out at seeing rainbows shining back at me in shimmer form. (Seriously, the photo doesn't do it justice.) The consistency is not too thick or thin, and it applies smoothly and evenly with no streaking, pulling, or bubbling. It has very good pigmentation, but while both Dragon and Saint George were one-coaters, I found that Ascalon needed a second coat to make it perfect. This polish has probably the most complex, harmonious blend of coloured shimmer I have ever seen, and I cannot think of a single dupe for it. Therefore, you need this polish.

Oh, and did I mention that this shade looks good with everything? Indeed, I love it so much that I'm going to wear it on my trip to New York City. I will be gone until Sunday, but will be on Twitter from time to time. Try not to miss me too much.
4 comments on "A-England Nail Varnish in Ascalon"
  1. Have a blast in NYC! Eat some macarons, burgers and other yummyfattynotsogoodforyou foods for me! I'm totes jellies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will most definitely eat all of the above and more. :D I will totally be that obnoxious person with the camera in fancy restaurants... but I probably won't be the only one judging by how many pictures there are of food in NYC. :P Will see if I can find that top coat stuff for you.

      Delete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad you got Ascalon. It's one of my favourites from A-England. I love that it's grey and lilac at the same time.

    It looks really good on you. Have lots of fun in New York. Eat some good food for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I LOVE it. It's like... grey, lilac, and RAINBOWS at the same time!!! :D Amazing!

      Thank you, thank you, and I will. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9