China Glaze & The Hunger Games: Capitol Colours Nail Lacquer in Riveting and Electrify

on
Monday, April 2, 2012

Since my last "Hunger Games manicure" using Smoke & Ashes and Luxe & Lush was such a hit (seriously, every other person asked me what I was wearing on my nails), I decided to try another combination — Riveting and Electrify — from the five I bought from China Glaze's The Hunger Games Capitol Colours collection. I mentioned before that I think the colours in general are more suited to autumn/winter, and I do think that these two worn together certainly reflect that, but I can definitely see Riveting being popular in the summer.

Riveting (two coats) and Electrify (two coats)

Riveting is a medium bright reddened tangerine orange with orange-gold micro-shimmer. This shade is named for District 3 for technology. It goes on smoothly and evenly without any pulling, streaking, or bubbling. It goes opaque in two medium coats. This shade is definitely in line with Pantone's 2012 Colour of the Year. This shade is brighter, more red, and has smaller shimmer than Zoya Tanzy; it's a shimmered and much less red (or way more orange) version of MAC Kid Orange and Essie Braziliant.

Electrify is red and gold glitter suspended in a clear base. This shade is named for District 5 for power and electricity. It goes on smoothly and evenly for the most part. I did two coats for this look and it's not quite opaque because you can still see Riveting peeking through, but I reckon it would go opaque in three coats. I couldn't think of a dupe for this.

I'm not usually a fan of orange shades on my nails, so I wasn't really sure how I felt about this look. But over the course of today (I did my nails last night), I've had a lot of people complimenting me on my nails and asking what I was wearing and where they could get the colours. While I feel that this look doesn't really suit my preferences, it is a pretty and unique combination. I do think Riveting is an excellent colour on its own, especially as we're approaching warmer months, but I think the combination of the two is actually quite autumnal, like something I would wear around Halloween. That might just be me, though. On that note, Electrify is really aptly named, 'cause my nails look like they're lit up!
6 comments on "China Glaze & The Hunger Games: Capitol Colours Nail Lacquer in Riveting and Electrify"
  1. SOOOO pretty but I don't think I can pull off orange. Orange is where I draw the line for "wild" colors! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I used to think that way, too, but now I'll try anything at least once! ;) Anyone can pull off any colour, as long as they have the confidence!!! What's your "wildest" colour?

      Delete
  2. Is it weird that that combination totally reminds me of Chinese New Year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, no, 'cause now the more I look at it, the more I think of Chinese New Year... Like those hard candies or red pockets...

      Delete
  3. I just read the book this weekend so I'm totally excited to see the colours for each district now! They actually have meaning! I'm always on the lookout for oranges such as this, so if it's not sold out I will definitely pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I only picked up five of them so I only have the ones for those districts. :P I think the rest of them are on Temptalia, though!!! This orange is definitely a lot of fun -- I haven't seen this collection in a lot of stores, though I have heard they are available at Sally's Beauty. And, of course, you can get them online. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9