Lancôme Roseraie des Delice: Le French Touch Gourmand Color Lipsticks

on
Monday, February 6, 2012

Lancôme's Spring 2012 colour collection by Aaron de Mey, called Roseraie des Delice, is "inspired by a garden party that takes place in a rose garden." (Sound familiar?) This collection is available at all Lancôme counters and online. This collection features nine new and limited edition products. Roseraie des Delice sees the release of three new and limited edition shades of Le French Touch Gourmand Color Bare Lips Sensation lipsticks (one of which will not be reviewed here). It is touted to have a silky formula that is "rich in Pro-Xylane to nourish and re-plump lips." There is usually a fragrance in Lancôme's lipsticks, but I couldn't detect a scent or taste in these. Each lipstick comes in a brushed gilded metal tube with mint green stripes, contains 3 grams of product, and retails for $40.

314 Rose Candy and 316 Soft Marshmallow

314 Rose Candy is a medium bright reddened pink. It goes on smoothly and evenly, and has a lightweight texture. It has low pigmentation, and sheer to semi-sheer buildable colour pay-off. It is more pink than Revlon Sweet Tart Lip Butter, and less orange than MAC Full Speed Sheen Supreme Lipstick.

316 Soft Marshmallow is a light warm pink. It goes on smoothly and evenly, and has a lightweight texture. It has low pigmentation, and sheer to semi-sheer buildable colour pay-off. It is more yellow than MAC Viva Glam Gaga and Revlon Strawberry Shortcake Lip Butter.

Overall, I really like the look and feel of these lipsticks. Like Chanel Rouge Coco Shines and YSL Volupté Sheer Candy Glossy Balms, these are meant to be sheer lip colours (Lancôme calls this "Bare Lips Sensation"). I did find these to be more moisturizing than both Chanel's and YSL's formulas, though. They make my lips look full and juicy and plump, while adding a nice pop of colour. I also like that they feel lightweight and hydrating while worn. The only downfall here is the price. While I do find the small striped brushed metal tubes to be really cute (they remind me of peppermint candies), I just don't think it merits the $40 price tag. Seriously, these end up being more expensive than Chanel, YSL, and Dior. If these were really unique shades, I'd say go for it, but in this instance, I think you're better off getting some of the Revlon Lip Butters instead, which will give you the same effect but at a fraction of the cost.
12 comments on "Lancôme Roseraie des Delice: Le French Touch Gourmand Color Lipsticks"
  1. omg i totally agree with your review. i like the color, the packaging, the texture but i can't get over the price >,<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Isabella! I have totally noticed this with Lancome's Spring collection in general -- all of the products are really cute and nice to use and pretty when worn, but the prices make them absolutely PAINFUL to buy. Like the illuminating powder, which is so pretty to look at, I really expected it to do more. By "do more," I mean "show up." :( I'm so glad I didn't actually buy anything else from this collection. There were three cute lip glosses that came out and when I swatched them, all of them came out in variations of CLEAR to SEMI-CLEAR. So disappointing!

      Delete
  2. These look kind of cute, a bit barber-pole like. Is it me or are they a bit...smaller than usual lipsticks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look barber-pole like! (Is that what they're called, barber poles?) And no, they're actually the same size as a lot of other lipsticks (e.g. MAC, Chanel), but they're just in smaller packaging. :)

      Delete
  3. The most "high end" lipstick I would ever splurge on is probably MAC. I used to have a few of those DIOR lipglosses but I don't think I'll buy anything that expensive ever again! HAHA! I'm still really loving my lip butters! I love 'soft marshmallo' though! I always wear this kind of pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How expensive is MAC over there? I never think of MAC as really "high end" -- their prices, at least in Canada, are sort of in the middle of the more expensive drugstore brands (e.g. Revlon, L'Oreal) and luxury brands (e.g. Dior, Lancome). :P

      And didn't you recently buy a NARS lipstick? ;)

      If you like Revlon's Strawberry Shortcake, you WOULD love Soft Marshmallow, lol. As it stands, though, I don't find these lipsticks worth the splurge. :( Man, over here, you could buy FOUR Revlon Lip Butters for the price of one of these Lancome lipsticks. :(

      Delete
    2. Around 22-23 dollars (US) I think. I'm not sure! I try to close my eyes when I buy expensive makeup.. because more often than not, I don't need it! OH YEAH!! I totally forgot about the NARS lippie!! I kinda think of NARS and MAC as the same level. for me high end is YSL, CHANEL, DIOR.

      We get collections here too but they come out pretty late compared to other countries - one of my sources say that we get "rejects" from other countries! LOL. It's a good thing I'm not huge on collections or else I would go crazy! I did obsess over the Wonderwoman collection though.. I got 2 blushes that I asked my friends in San Fransisco to buy for me! LOL

      Delete
    3. LOL, well, no one actually NEEDS expensive make-up... even me. ;)

      I do think NARS is slightly higher end than MAC, but I guess because MAC is also more expensive over there, it can be seen as the same level. Apparently, in Europe and Australia, MAC is so expensive, it's almost as much as Chanel! INSANE!

      Let's be honest, though, those blushes from Wonder Woman were amazing.

      Delete
  4. What the heck? How in the world can Lancome justify this??? I sort of grew up with Lancome because my mom used to use it all the time, and I was glad to see them jazz things up a bit recently. But the price is RIDICULOUS. At least with Chanel, you can wave it around and get some bragging rights. No one is going to be like, "Oooooh, is that Lancome? And it's only $40!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I TOTALLY AGREE. I feel like Lancome is trying to be more like Dior and Chanel and YSL, except the whole flaw in this plan is that those are fashion houses and Lancome is just a cosmetics brand. I totally love Lancome for a lot of things, and I can justify the price on most of them (I use a lot of their skincare, for example), but $40 for a tube of lipstick is insane for them. It's just like why I wouldn't shell out $30 for those Gareth Pugh for MAC lipsticks, 'cause you're paying entirely for the packaging. Don't get me wrong, these lipsticks are gorgeous, but not $40 gorgeous, especially seeing as their other lipsticks are capped at $35!

      Delete
  5. What?? $40??!

    That's effin insane. I went to the Walmart in Thornhill and failed to find Revlon's Lip Butter. Womp womp womp... Will try again sometime this week.

    $40... really???? I can't get over this. Who do they think they are?!

    Also, why am i reminded of those British Christmas Crackers when I look at the packaging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, try going to Rexall for those Lip Butters. They definitely have them there, and they are way cheaper than Shoppers! I feel the need to pick up more shades soon, actually...

      And yes, $40 for LANCOME!!! For whatever reason, I would totally justify a $40 Chanel, Dior, YSL, Guerlain, and Burberry lipstick (hell, I have a $60 Tom Ford lipstick)... but LANCOME?!?!

      Haha, they do kinda look like Christmas crackers, now that you mention it. Fieran thinks they look like those barber shop poles, I think they look like peppermint candies...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9