MAC Daphne Guinness for MAC: Blush Ombres

on
Sunday, December 25, 2011

MAC will be releasing a new collection in collaboration with Daphne Guinness, available in stores on December 26. It will feature 21 products, 17 of which are limited edition. There are two shades of Blush Ombre being released — they are both re-promotes from last year's Spring Colour Forecast collection, and are limited edition. Each Blush Ombre comes in regular black packaging, contains 9 grams of product, and retails for $31.

Azalea Blossom

Azalea Blossom (top colour, bottom colour, mixed)

Azalea Blossom is a light warm-toned pink that fades into a mid-tone lavender purple. When swirled together, it creates a light-medium cool-toned pink with a subtle sheen. It has a soft, smooth texture, and is easily buildable. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. This shade is more ideal for fair to medium skintones; it may end up looking ashy or not show up at all on darker skintones. When applied, it looks similar to MAC Dame.

Vintage Grape

Vintage Grape (top colour, bottom colour, mixed)
Vintage Grape is a medium rosy pink that fades into a dark reddish plum. When swirled together, it creates a medium-dark raspberry plum with a subtle sheen. It has a soft, smooth texture, and has intense pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. A little goes a long way here, and it's very easy to over-do considering the intensity of the shade. This shade is more ideal for medium to deep skintones, though can also be used for a bolder cheek colour for lighter skintones (just use a light hand!). When applied, it looks like a less pink version of MAC Breezy.

For the amount of product you get in a compact, which is almost the same size as MAC's Beauty Powders, it's a good value for a blush, even by MAC's pricing (a regular MAC blush is $3.92/g, whereas the Blush Ombre is $3.44/g). For me, it's not so much the value that I care about; they're just very nice colours that look pretty on the face and in the pan. For those who really wanted these last year but couldn't get their hands on them, this is your chance to get them! These will undoubtedly be the first to sell out from the Daphne Guinness collection.
4 comments on "MAC Daphne Guinness for MAC: Blush Ombres"
  1. Yay, finally got some internet time!

    I was debating whether to ask someone to grab me one of these blushes but hadn't read any reviews, so thought I'd take my chances. I think I'll still take my chances and see if there's any left when I get home. It's impossible to buy without looking firsthand, even with your fabulous review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Liz, I've missed you! Hope you are having lots of fun over there, though, and hope you had a merry Christmas! :)

    If you want anything, I get 40% off MAC, so let me know. ;) I think Vintage Grape is right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sweet! I picked up Vintage Grape yesterday so that's okay. :) Clearly you know me well! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, we are blush batshit crazy clown cheeks fanatics, after all! ;) So glad you picked up Vintage Grape, though. It's my favourite of the two. If hope Ripe Peach gets released again. I missed out on that one when it came out. :(

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9