Lush Whoosh Shower Jelly

on
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Last week, I went with my co-worker to Lush on our lunch break so she could return her five containers to get a free fresh face mask (which is similar to MAC's recycling program). The aforementioned co-worker loves everything about Lush, and owns nearly every single product they've ever created. I've used two or three of their products many years ago, but I was never smitten with anything, so I figured I would talk to the girl who worked there to guide me through some of their products. With every product I asked about, she would tell me what it does, who it's for, and what it's made out of. She even scrubbed my arm down with one of their Buffy bars at their in-store sink so I could see how smooth my skin was afterward (very smooth). She then gave me one of their newspaper catalogues to take home so I could read further into their products.


After perusing their catalogue, I decided to go in today and pick up a few goodies, one of which was a large tub of Whoosh Shower Jelly. It's quite possibly one of the most fun shower/bath products, ever. The consistency is literally like Jell-O. Bouncy, squishy, slippery. And it's turquoise! But you put a tiny piece in your bath pouf, and it foams up like crazy. I know, I don't exactly get "foaming" from "Jell-O," but seriously, just that little piece of jelly created a massive storm of foam! That having been said, I do recommend using a bath pouf instead of just your hands, because the pouf foams it up way more. (What can I say, I like my cleansers to be foamy. It's the only way I actually feel like it's cleaning.)


The product is called "Whoosh" for a reason: it's like an instant pick-me-up. It's made with lemon, rosemary, and geranium essential oils, and lime and grapefruit juices. As a result, it has a bright citrus scent with a clean herbal edge, almost ocean-y, and I can see it appealing to both girls and guys. Especially great for those who shower in the morning, I reckon. It's very refreshing, and my skin feels clean but not dry at all. Considering the small amount you need to use per shower, I would say that the large tub I bought (240g) would last around four months. I would never describe showering as particularly fun, but shower jelly makes showering that much less tedious and that much more awesome. Definite re-buy!
5 comments on "Lush Whoosh Shower Jelly"
  1. I used to be obsessed with Lush but now I kinda hate it! I think I'm finally sick with the scents!

    I still use 3 hair products though.

    BIG (shampoo)
    Cynthia Sylvia Stout (shampoo I mix with Big)
    Veganese (conditioner)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lush should pay you for this review! Totally gets me excited for this product and makes me want to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Irene! Haha, I totally remember your Lush haul posts! You looooved the Honey I Washed The Kids soap. :) I'm personally not really into products in bar-form, like their soaps, bath bombs, and massage bars, etc., which I think are the products that have that overwhelming smell that Lush products are known for. So I get what you mean about the scents; I think a lot of them can get very sickly... I bought a tub of the Big shampoo -- I'm gonna use it for another week or so and then do a review. :)

    Haha, thanks, Kahyen! You totally need to try this product. It's so super fun. :) JELL-O IN THE SHOWER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at JELLO. I am totally going to pick one up today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Sydney! Have fun in the shower. ;)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9