Bullet Points

on
Friday, January 28, 2011
Random News & Happenings:
  • Shawn bought me Dexter: The Fourth Season for no reason other than, "I bought you Season 3 for Christmas and it was the worst season, so I got you Season 4 to make up for it!" Cutest, ever.
  • Finally went into Victoria's Secret to see what all the fuss was about. First off, I have to say that it is insanely overwhelming in there. One of the salesgirls was showing me around the store, and I almost wanted to leave by the time we got into the third section of the store. I eventually decided to get a hot pink and black lace Dream Angels bra, 'cause the salesgirl said it "fits like a glove." So I forked over $60 after tax for that bra, which is probably the most I've ever spent on underwear. I've been wearing it for the day, and I've gotta say... girl was right. It fits amazingly well. So, what do you know? It lives up to the hype.
  • Made my final shopping list for the MAC + Wonder Woman collection after seeing all the swatches on Temptalia. It's going to put a $250 dent in my bank account, but I'm still excited!
  • Went to Shoppers to pick up a few essentials, you know, nail polish remover, Bioderma make-up remover, contact lens solution, laundry detergent, some magazines... And I saw some new shades of Nicole by OPI nail polishes, one of which was a lovely creamy seafoam green shade called "My Lifesaver," and I was like, "Oooh, I have to have it!" And it wasn't until I purchased it, got home, and looked up swatches online that I realized it was from the Justin Bieber collection. Uh... How does Justin Bieber even end up with his own nail polish collection?
  • I finally downloaded the Angry Birds app for iPhone. I see why it's the bestselling game app on the App Store now. I just spent three hours playing it, and I only stopped because my phone ran out of battery.
  • I also got the Veggie Samurai app. I would never abandon Fruit Ninja, but... yeah, I might like Veggie Samurai slightly better. Only because it has more modes and it's a bit more challenging. Still, Fruit Ninja has better sound effects and Arcade mode. I wonder how much more I could accomplish if I didn't play iPhone games...
  • I got my tickets for the Thursday show on February 13 at the Phoenix Concert Theatre. Thursday is having their 10th anniversary of Full Collapse this year, and they're touring with Underoath, Animals As Leaders, and A Skylit Drive. It'll be my sixth time seeing them, but I'm especially excited to hear them play songs from this album, 'cause it's been one of my favourites since grade 8. Oh, nostalgia.
  • Just downloaded Blood Red Shoes' Fire Like This album from iTunes. It's catchy as hell. Seriously, it's one of those albums where there's not a single song I don't like.
  • Shawn and I had a little '80s movie night with Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. They just don't make movies like these anymore. I mean, what happened to the art of the puppet animatronics?
  • Dropped by Bath & Body Works and picked up some hand soap on sale for 6 for $25, since I go through so much of it (I wash/sanitize my hands obsessively – you get used to it when you're in the cosmetics field). They just released some awesome new scents, including Citrus Crush, Mango Margarita, and Pomegranite Passion. Seriously, sometimes I go to the bathroom to wash my hands just to use this soap. I'm so weird.
  • I knew I was making the right choice in choosing nachos over popcorn. I don't know what they put in that cheese, but it's like crack. Oh, man, it's so good. I would eat it with a spoon, but I think I would be judged for it.
  • The Beardo: "You know Asians and growing beards... it's hard." Keep yourself warm this winter.
4 comments on "Bullet Points"
  1. 1. You and Shawn are just soo adorable!!!

    2. I love victorias secret. You should try their cheeky panties or something, they are so comfy and make me look good. Also my life depends on those miraculous bras. sigh.

    3. Bieber is my little Canadian ambassador, I dunno why I think he's awesome. Its the patriotic-ness in me. If he was caught eating a beavertail I'd pass out!

    p.s. whennnn?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. - Your bf is so cute!!! My bf and I set a $100 limit this past Christmas and he got me a whole assortment of things including a travel size Tylenol ez tabs because I get frequent headaches. Like, why only travel size? Why not the jumbo size?!

    - I'm ashamed to say that I absolutely hate shopping for undies. I get so impatient and irritated at how many layers of clothing I have to take off just to try one on.

    - I love Nicole by OPI. Another brand that really surprised me was Sally Hansen's Salon-something-something line. Really good for drugstore polish! And it's so easy to make fun of the Biebs -- I nearly died of laughter when I read somewhere that he hired a voice coach to help him get through the 'awkward' stage.

    - Angry Birds is the s*** (sorry, I'm a bit of a potty mouth). Have you ever found yourself shouting at the green pigs (esp. the KING -- that jackass and his crown)?! I suggest Plants vs. Zombies and Words with Friends. I really like Words with Friend; it's just like Scrabble except you have the option of trash talking each other.

    - And you're So right about Asians growing beards really slow. My bro tried it and he looked like a pedo with his mustache for the longest time because he wears thick glasses and his beard just would not grow!

    - I love bullet point updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jaime! Let's meet up sometime next week or the week after! I have four shifts at MAC next week, so I'm free after 8:00pm most days and I'm off Tuesday. :)

    And it's not that I don't like Justin Bieber, I'm really quite indifferent to him. It's just... NAIL POLISH?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Mary!

    Haha, your boyfriend was probably just trying to fit as many things as possible into a $100 budget while still being thoughtful! ;)

    Along with my favourite perfume (Fresh Sugar Lychee), Dexter: Season 3, and Beauty and the Beast on Blu-ray, he also got me a gigantic Totoro plush toy for Christmas 'cause he knew I always wanted one as a kid. Bless boyfriends who actually pay attention to what you like. :)

    Confession: I never have the patience to try on bras in the store. Seriously, I always end up just grabbing my size and taking it home to try on. Luckily, I've never had to return a bra... :P

    Oh, yeah, Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure! I love the "Gray by Gray" shade.

    Haha, I totally know what you mean with Angry Birds. Those pigs just tease you with those annoying oinking sounds, and you launch a bird and yell, "DIIIIEEE!" I should really look into Words with Friends. I always saw the ads when I opened up my Fishies app, I was just too impatient to click on it. :P

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9