Photolog 2018: Day 199 of 365

on
Wednesday, July 18, 2018

I did say I was gonna go back to Golden Bubbles really soon, didn't I? Tonight's pick was their limited edition taro mochi egg waffle with taro ice cream. The mochi egg waffle itself is quite excellent, with the nice chewy texture of the mochi complementing the soft, fluffy egg waffle really well; the taro flavour is very mellow and not overly sweet, making it a great canvas for a variety of toppings. Which is why I regret getting the taro ice cream with it. I know, you'd think they'd be perfect partners; both Maegan's boyfriend, Jason (the hand model), and the employee at Golden Bubbles recommended this combination. But the taro ice cream has a similarly mild flavour, so when combined, they don't have a very exciting flavour profile. It needed something sweeter (like whipped cream or Nutella or caramel sauce) and tangier (like strawberries or raspberries) to give it more contrast. But hey, no regrets, 'cause that's the fun part of trying out different egg waffles! If they still have it on my next visit, I'm think I'm gonna go for the HK milk tea egg waffle...
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9