BTS at Lotte Family Concert 2018

on
Friday, June 22, 2018
(I do not own any of these photos; all rights go to their respective owners in the watermarks.)

I woke up to learn that BTS debuted their new hair colours today at the Lotte Family Concert in Seoul, and the entire fandom is fucking shook. I do think the hair change is temporary rather than their official look for the remainder of the Love Yourself: Tear cycle, but either way, I am loving it. Not gonna lie, I was one of the very few people who wasn't enamoured with the black hair comeback. Not that they don't look good in their natural hair colour (I mean, it's also my hair colour), but I thought it was kinda boring, especially since we've seen them in so many amazing hair colours over the years. Of course, I get why they dyed all their hair back to black; they had to film "Euphoria" which depicts them as much younger and more childlike, and Love Yourself: Tear is a much darker album in general, so the black hair reflected that. Plus, the upkeep is far easier, too. But I liked that each member had their own style, you know? Like, they all look good with dark hair, but it looks boring when they all have it at the same time.

Suga and J-Hope still have black hair (at least two members of the group have had dark hair at any given point, and both of them look classically good here — I think I still prefer Suga in light hair, but this is my favourite cut of his), but RM and Jimin now have variations of sandy brown (RM's hair is okay here, but I wish Jimin went lighter and cooler because I think he suits those tones the best — silver-haired Jimin forever has my heart, though platinum Jimin is also a strong contender), and Jin and V are platinum blondes again like they were in the "Run" era and "Blood Sweat & Tears" era, respectively. (I really dislike V's long mullet-style hair cut, but the waves and the platinum colouring somehow makes him look both edgier and more angelic, so it makes the mullet a little more palatable.) But the most surprising by far is Jungkook, who is now rocking a reddish magenta (dragonfruit pink, if you will). Jungkook, who has always favoured dark hair and has never gone for shocking colours, now has the loudest hair in BTS. And it's a beautiful, beautiful thing.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9