Saturday Nine: My Funny Valentine (1991)

on
Saturday, February 10, 2018
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. In this song, Ms. Kitt sings that her lover is her favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now. (Yes, that crayon drawing created by your 5-year-old nephew counts.) It's a custom illustration of my favourite things by Tyler Feder (I literally wrote her a list of some of my favourite things — makeup, bubble tea, macarons, sushi and ramen, Gilmore Girls, etc. — and she drew them out for me). I ordered it through her Etsy shop a little over a year ago. She doesn't do custom illustrations anymore, sadly, but I would've totally ordered another one from her because the last one turned out so great.

  2. She asks him to not change his hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair? Hopefully in a couple weeks when I'm on vacation. My hair is getting uncontrollably long (like, almost to my butt). I want to get about six inches cut off and layers added.

  3. Ms. Kitt always wanted to be a performer and attended the New York School of Performing Arts (aka the "Fame" school). Think back to your high school self. In what ways would you be surprised by how your life turned out? Honestly, in every way. I never imagined I'd turn out to be a makeup artist because despite loving art, I didn't even start wearing makeup until senior year of high school. (I was allowed powder, mascara, and brown eyeliner pencil.) Also because I focused really hard on graphic/web design, programming, and photography in high school and aspired to become a web and layout designer (I went to study Graphic Communications in university). Makeup was an interest that came up almost accidentally.

  4. Ms. Kitt took over the role of Catwoman on TV's Batman. Name another Batman villain. The Joker, arguably the best and most iconic Batman villain.

  5. Ms. Kitt enjoyed tremendous success performing in Parisian nightclubs. Have you ever been to Paris? Yes, twice. The last time I went, I was 16. I really do want to visit again as an adult. I'm hoping to make a trip to Europe in a couple years.

  6. The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for next Wednesday? Nah, I'm more focused on Chinese New Year than Valentine's. Honestly, I kinda forget about Valentine's Day because CNY is usually right around that time. I think my family is having a dim sum lunch for CNY on Friday.

  7. The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear? Jungkook of BTS, my ultimate bias.

  8. Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. What's the last greeting card you received? A Christmas card from one of my artists at work.

  9. Men buy and send more roses at Valentine's Day than women do. What's your favourite flower? Waterlily dahlias.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9