Friday Five: Rockit

on
Friday, February 9, 2018
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What's your favourite instrumental hit song?

    Clint Mansell's "Lux Aeterna" for Requiem for a Dream:

    Air's "Highschool Lover" for The Virgin Suicides:

    Lindsey Stirling's "Elements":

  2. What's a good movie with rockets in in it? Apollo 13. (It's the only one I can think of.)

  3. In 1977, Voyager I took off on its very long journey, loaded with two golden records containing sounds meant "to portray the diversity of life and culture on Earth, and are intended for any intelligent extraterrestrial life form, or for future humans, who may find them," according to Wikipedia.  The contents were chosen by a committee chaired by Carl Sagan, but if Dr. Sagan called you today (you know, from beyond) and said there was room for ten more minutes of music and he was letting you choose it, what would you fill the ten minutes with? You know I'm tempted to pick out all BTS songs, but I think I'd need to choose more classic, globally-known tunes for this. But I also want to pick out songs that came out in or after 1977 because Dr. Sagan called me today (from beyond), so here goes:

    Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams":

    Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean":

    Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Under the Bridge":

  4. What's something you know about constellations? There are 88 modern constellations that are based on Greek and Roman mythology; the Western zodiac is based on 12 of these constellations.

  5. When did you last spend time in a rocking chair? A couple decades ago? We used to have one in my old house and my grandma used it all the time, but I haven't seen it since I was a kid.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9