Sunday Video Love: Fake Happy, Ain't It Fun, and Everywhere

on
Sunday, October 15, 2017

I went to see Paramore at Massey Hall on Friday. It was my sixth time seeing them live since 2005, and it's been this incredible journey seeing them grow as people and musicians, together and separately; through thick and thin, drama and apathy. But this might have been my favourite show yet. The energy was just different: more vibrant, more buoyant, more authentic, maybe because After Laughter was such a great catharsis for them and there's just so much more transparency between them and the public and their fans.

I took a ton of videos that night (a minute or two of favourite songs to post on Instagram, you know), but here are the three songs I recorded in full:




The first one is "Fake Happy," my favourite song off of After Laughter. The second one is "Ain't It Fun" from their self-titled record — their biggest and highest-peaking single to date that won the Grammy Award for Best Rock Song in 2015. And finally, the third one is "Everywhere," a Fleetwood Mac cover on their set list for Tour Two. It's not the first time I've heard them covering Fleetwood Mac (they've used "Landslide" as the outro to "In the Mourning"), but it is the first time I've actually seen/heard them play a full cover song at a show, and they absolutely killed it.

Also, can I just say, Hayley has got some real sassy dance moves.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9