Friday Five: More (and more) Questions About Buildings and Food

on
Friday, October 20, 2017
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What's the best layered food? Definitely pizza, followed very closely by burgers.


    Tartufata pizza with black truffle, taleggio, and fruilano cheese, and porcini and shiitake mushrooms from 255 by Alta Rossa


    Shack Stack from Shake Shack

  2. What's the best rolled food? Maki sushi.


    Diablo Roll and Salmon Lover's Roll from Markham Sushi


    Kiu Signature Lobster Maki from Kiu

  3. What's the most recent cuisine you've tried for the first time from an ethnicity not your own? I genuinely can't remember the last time I tried a new cuisine for the first time. But I did try Spanish tapas for the first time last November. It wasn't my first time having Spanish food, but it was my first time eating in that style.

  4. What's a food that scares you? Anything with insects.

  5. What's something you eat solely because it's good for you? Plain steamed vegetables, especially Chinese varieties, like gai lan or choy sum. In the right dishes or with the right sauces, they can be pretty tasty, but they're tedious to eat on their own.

2 comments on "Friday Five: More (and more) Questions About Buildings and Food"
  1. Ha. I love me some choi sum. I have it with breakfast three or four times a week. :) Those sushi rolls look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever eaten choi sum at breakfast, even when I traveled all over Asia, lol. It can be pretty tasty with some oyster sauce or some meat gravy or stir-fried with other things, I just don't like it on its own -- but then, I don't know if I really like any vegetable on its own, lol.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9