Makeup and Beauty Blog: Monday Poll, Vol. 483

on
Monday, July 10, 2017
This week's Monday Poll:
  1. A piece of advice you would give to someone just getting started in makeup? Your makeup will only look as good as your skin. Take care of your skin first. And if I can offer a second piece of advice, it'd be practice makes perfect.

  2. Say something positive about your beautiful body. I have strong, muscular legs that can hold me up for hours and hours at a time (and with which I like to think can kick some serious ass).

  3. How much does packaging matter to you? It depends on what it is. Usually, if the product is really good (e.g. effective in its application and execution), then I can overlook the packaging. But that having been said, cute packaging is what draws me to a lot of products to begin with. I'm not gonna buy something cute if it has no other merits, but it definitely attracts me and makes me wanna check it out. If that same product comes in both plain packaging and cute packaging, I'll obviously go for the cute one. I still want something nice to look at, you know? But again, if the product is complete garbage, I won't care about packaging either way.

  4. What's something that you didn't expect to like but ended up liking anyway? French macarons. They look cute and colourful, but I actually thought they would all taste the same — basically plain airy sugar. But over time, I've noticed the differences in texture of the meringue cookie, and in the flavours and consistencies of the fillings (e.g. buttercream, ganache, jam, etc.) and now have a great appreciation for the art of macaron making. That having been said, they're still expensive (at least $2 per cookie here), so I'll only buy a box of them once every few months — you know, when I'm feeling "boujee."


    Macarons from Ela's Macarons

  5. Someone that you hope is thinking about you today? Honestly, no one in particular. I'm about to go take a nap so I actually hope no one is thinking about me right now so I won't get interrupted by texts or phone calls.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9