Saturday Nine: C is for Cookie

on
Saturday, June 10, 2017
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. This week's featured artist, Cookie Monster says his favourite TV show is Monsterpiece Theater. What show do you try never to miss? This year, I'd say it's been iZombie and Riverdale.

  2. Though he goes by Cookie Monster professionally, he is still called Sid by his family. When will you next get together with your relatives? Probably at my brother's Canadian wedding reception in October. My parents and I are flying out to some fancy venue in Pennsylvania for his actual wedding in September, but they're going to hold a dinner here in Toronto for our side of the family since the majority of our relatives live here.

  3. Now for the cookie questions! Where do you weigh in on this age-old controversy: Is a brownie a cookie or a cake? Neither. Texturally, it's a cross between a cookie and a cake, but it's technically a square or a bar.

  4. Fig Newtons contain no cholesterol. Do you read nutrition labels before eating snacks? Or does knowing the truth about your favourite sweets ruin your enjoyment? I read the nutrition labels sometimes just out of curiosity, but it really doesn't change the outcome because I'm gonna eat the snack, anyway.

  5. Biscotti are designed for dipping into drinks. Do you like to dunk your cookies? Not really. I usually just alternate between eating a cookie and taking a sip of a drink.

  6. Do you prefer cookies made with milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips? Or are you a rebel who prefers butterscotch chips? I actually prefer cookies with no chips. My favourite cookies are simple and usually unadorned: Snickerdoodles, butter cookies, and shortbread. I also like nutty cookies, like peanut butter cookies, almond cookies, butter pecan cookies, and macadamia nut cookies. The only exception to either of these is French macarons, though I'm particular about the flavours (my favourites are pistachio and salted caramel).

  7. Bill Murray once said, "Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues." Do you like raisin cookies? No, but I don't like raisins in anything.

  8. Nabisco still sells animal-shaped cookies in a red box that looks like a train car labeled, "Barnum's Animals." However Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus gave their last-ever performance on May 21, 2017. Have you ever been to the circus? Not in the traditional sense, but I've been to carnivals and shows that feature acrobats, trapeze artists, jugglers, and tightrope walkers. And I've seen several Cirque du Soleil performances. Those should count, right?

  9. Have you ever received a memorable fortune in a fortune cookie? Apparently not, because I can't remember a single one.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9