Makeup and Beauty Blog: Monday Poll, Vol. 475

on
Monday, May 15, 2017
This week's Monday Poll:
  1. What's on your nails? ILNP's Glory on top of A-England's Beauty Never Fails on my fingers, and Chanel's Nouvelle Vague (my bottle is seven years old and I should really toss it, but it still goes on perfectly) on my toes. So, yeah, my hands are all magical and mysterious in an autumnal forest, but my toes are at a summer party.


  2. A recent beauty-related find worth mentioning? The Becca x Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette. It gives cheeks the most soft, glowy, sun-kissed look. Such a must-have for summer.

  3. A recent non-beauty-related find worth mentioning? Two things, actually.

    The first is Paramore's After Laughter, which I've been raving about (and listening to on repeat) since last Friday. It has '80s new wave, synth-pop vibes with a hint of ska and calypso, tempered with just the right amount of angst and acoustic guitar. Slick, crisp, and vibrant; it's a beautifully well-rounded record with a song for every mood.


    The second is Clearly Canadian! If you grew up in the '90s, you'll be really familiar with this drink (it was featured on shows from Seinfeld to Gilmore Girls to Sex and the City). It was carried everywhere, and this drink was a staple of my childhood into my early teen years. Then it got discontinued, and I never saw it again. If you don't know what it is, it's a naturally-flavoured sparkling water. That doesn't seem very new or exciting now, but back then, it was pretty much the only brand of flavoured sparkling water on the market and it became well-known as the healthy alternative to pop. (I just preferred the taste of their flavours over pop.) In 2015, Clearly Canadian put up a fundraising campaign to put the drink back in production, so I put in an order of two cases — in my favourite flavours, Mountain Blackberry and Orchard Peach — in hopes that they'd meet their pre-order target. They made their target within a few months with the help of Rhett and Link of Good Mythical Morning, and announced that they were officially going into production and were going to ship out by 2016. But after many delays (e.g. their bottle manufacturing plant closing down), I didn't know when or if I was ever going to receive them. But last week, over two years from putting in my order, I finally received my two cases of Clearly Canadian at my doorstep. (The Canada Post lady nearly broke her back carrying them.) I don't know if it's because it's been so long since I've had one, but I swear they taste better than I remember. I just hope they can maintain their production and bring it back into all stores.


  4. What was the last beauty or skin care product you got at a drugstore (or at Target or Walmart)? I just bought a new can of L'Oréal Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray and a bottle of Maui Moisture Bamboo Fibers Shampoo today.

  5. Write a nice note to yourself about this week. Denise, you've worked ridiculously hard this past year, but especially so this past month. Managing a brand new team of artists and working 50+ hours a week is not easy and there are some growing pains right now, but the payoff will be worth it. Enjoy your vacation this week and eat all the delicious things in NYC this weekend. You deserve it.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9