Saturday Nine: Work From Home (2016)

on
Saturday, April 8, 2017
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. This song is about a woman who doesn't get to see her lover often enough because he's on the night shift. Have you ever worked nights? Not in the last seven or eight years, but I've worked maybe three or four night shifts before. It was when I worked in cosmetics at The Bay during the holiday season when they were initially testing out being open for 24 hours for the week leading up to Christmas. My shift would start at 11:00pm and end at 7:30am, and I would help maybe five customers for the entire shift (surprisingly, a lot of cops do Christmas shopping in the middle of the night). It was its own kind of torture.

  2. She promises that if he takes the day off, she'll make it feel like a vacation. Have you traveled anywhere fun so far this year? Do you have any leisure trips planned for 2017? I haven't gone anywhere yet this year. My next vacation week should be in May, and I'm thinking about going to NYC for a few days with some friends, but it's still up in the air. I am going to NYC in September for sure, though, 'cause my brother's getting married, but it'd be nice to get away before then.

  3. The ladies of Fifth Harmony are enthusiastic supporters of the Girl Scouts, rewarding troops who excel in fundraising activities with free concerts. The Scouts' best-known fundraiser is their cookie sale. What's your favourite cookie (Girl Scout or otherwise)? I don't eat a lot of cookies in general, but my favourite homemade ones are Snickerdoodles, and my favourite store bought ones are Danish butter cookies. I could eat a whole tin of those in one sitting.

  4. Fifth Harmony also participated in Goodwill's Fall Haul campaign. They encouraged high school students donate as many items as possible to Goodwill, and the winning school got a free concert. When did you last take gently-used items to a resale organization? Every couple of years, my mom and I do a closet cleaning and take clothes that we haven't worn in over a year to Salvation Army.

  5. Do you ever shop second-hand or thrift stores? Not anymore because everything's digital now, but I used to shop at used record stores all the time to get second-hand albums (I found Smashing Pumpkin's Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness for $10, which was considered really cheap in the late '90s, especially for a double-sided album).

  6. Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei competes on Dancing with the Stars this season. Would you do better on DWTS or The Voice? In other words, are you a better singer or dancer? The Voice.

  7. In February 2016, when this song was first released, The Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl and Spotlight won the Best Picture Oscar. Can you recall who won the 2017 Super Bowl and Best Picture Oscar, just two months ago? The New England Patriots and Moonlight, respectively. I didn't watch either the Super Bowl or the Oscars this year, but there were so many memes for both all over social media that you'd know both answers within seconds of scrolling through Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. The Oscars controversy this year was especially hard to ignore.

  8. 2016's most popular TV show was Game of Thrones. Are you a fan? I actually haven't watched Game of Thrones or read any of the books. It's one of those series that I've been wanting to watch/read for years, but can never actually get to it.

  9. Random Question: What's the subject line of the newest message in your email spam folder? "Urgent Attention!"
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9