Saturday Nine: I Won't Last a Day Without You (1972)

on
Saturday, April 29, 2017
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. This song makes reference to rainbows. Have you seen one lately? No. Lately, it's either been sunny, cloudy, or rainy, but not sunny after raining.

  2. When Sam heard this song, it occurred to her that she wouldn't last a day without a game of online Yahtzee. What little commonplace pleasure reliably brightens your day? Playing Words With Friends. And checking Instagram.

  3. Richard Carpenter was emphatic that his group's name was "Carpenters," no "the." Whenever he hears the group referred to as "The Carpenters," it gets on his nerves. What little commonplace annoyance reliably sets you off? People driving slowly (e.g. at speed limit) in the passing lane on the highway.

  4. Karen Carpenter said she drank iced tea all day long. What beverage do you think you'll have with your next meal? As my next meal is breakfast, it's going to be coffee. I've been really enjoying the new Starbucks Single Origin Colombia Nariño Supremo coffee.

  5. "I Won't Last a Day without You" was written by Oscar-winning composer Paul Williams. He also tried his hand at acting, most notably appearing with Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit. Back in the 1970s, the three movies in the Smokey series were very popular. Have you seen any of them? Several years ago, I was at my best friend's house and he was obsessed with Smokey and the Bandit and convinced me to watch it. Except I fell asleep like, a third into the movie.

  6. This song was recorded in 1973 by Diana Ross. Now in her 70s, Miss Ross is still going strong with a busy calendar of appearances in 2017. What's your favourite Diana Ross song? "Come See About Me."

  7. In 1972, the year this song was popular, the United States and the United Kingdom joined forces and launched the Copernicus satellite. Today it's remembered for the discovery of long-period pulsars. Crazy Sam got bored writing this question. Do you enjoy reading about science? Totally. It's funny, I hated reading about science when I was forced to in school, but now I love looking up random science facts.

  8. Before Michael Phelps, Mark Spitz was American's premier Olympic swimmer. In 1972 he won seven Gold Medals. After making millions in endorsements and TV appearances, he settled into a career as a realtor in Los Angeles. Are you contemplating a change in residence any time soon? If you move, will you be consulting a realtor? I actually am going to move in a couple years. I didn't need to consult a realtor; I looked at it during pre-development.

  9. Random question: Which of these is completely, 100% untrue of you — boring, lazy or stupid? I can be both boring and lazy (sometimes at the same time), but I am rarely, if ever, stupid.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9