Saturday Nine: Love Yourself (2015)

on
Saturday, February 11, 2017
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. In this song, Justin sings that he doesn't like to admit he's wrong. When did you most recently cop to a mistake? I know this is gonna sound kinda arrogant, but I don't make a lot of mistakes... so... I can't remember the last time I had to cop to one.

  2. He also complains that his girl doesn't like his friends. Who is someone that you've met recently and liked? Well, I met my current manager last summer at a manager's training but I didn't really get to know her or work with her until recently because she just transferred over from a different location. But judging from the short two months that I have worked with her, I really like and respect her. She's got a laid-back, upbeat, positive attitude, an efficient work ethic, and a very fair and effective management style. We've gone out for dinner a couple times, too, and she's someone that's really fun to hang out with as well as work with.

  3. Justin first performed this song live on The Ellen Degeneres Show. Who is your favourite talk show host? For day time talk shows, I'd say Ellen. For night time talk shows, I'd say Stephen Colbert. Jimmy Fallon has more entertaining segments and generally more famous celebrity guests so I do love watching The Tonight Show, but I find Stephen Colbert to be smarter, wittier, and a better interviewer. Like, I can't stand most talk show hosts' monologues, but I actually look forward to Colbert's.

  4. Young Mr. Bieber recently had his credit card rejected... at a Subway Sandwich Shop. Think about your last trip to a fast food restaurant. Did you pay with cash or plastic or your phone? I had a Spicy Habenero Chicken Burger a couple days ago from A&W (one of my fave fast food burgers, by the way) and paid with my debit card. I actually very rarely have cash on me.

  5. In Victorian England, it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine. Have you ever received an anonymous card from a secret admirer? Nope.

  6. Retailers report that approximately 3% of pet owners buy Valentines for their furry friends. Have you ever purchased a gift for a pet on a special occasion? No, the only pet I ever had was a hamster when I was 7 or 8, and it would never have even occurred to me to get a hamster a gift. Especially since we kept feeding it hamster chocolates, anyway, so it was spoiled as fuck (also, he died from obesity, so if there's anything I learned, it's don't feed your hamster too many treats).

  7. It was once believed that if a maiden ate a heavy meal before bed on February 13, her dreams that night would reveal the identity of the man she would eventually marry. Do you find that eating too close to bedtime disrupts your sleep? Yeah, sometimes, but it's entirely dependent on what I eat. Like, if I have too much MSG or caffeine and I don't wait at least three hours before going to bed, I will wake up every couple hours throughout my sleep cycle.

  8. The postmaster in Verona, Italy, reports that Shakespeare's Juliet Capulet still receives love letters. Without looking it up, can you give us a quote from Romeo and Juliet"Two households, both alike in dignity / In fair Verona, where we lay our scene / From ancient grudge break to new mutiny / Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean." When we had to study Romeo and Juliet in middle school, I was the narrator when we had to act out the scenes, so the opening lines always stuck with me.

  9. Necco's Sweethearts — those little candy hearts that say things like "Be Mine" — are Valentine Day's top-selling confection. Sam never could stand eating these candies. Do you like them? No, gross. It's like eating sugary chalk.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9