Makeup and Beauty Blog: Monday Poll, Vol.464

on
Monday, February 27, 2017
This week's Monday Poll:
  1. So, your makeup routine — what's the easiest part? I'd say lips, because all I do is pick the lipstick I want and glide it on. If I want more shine, I'll swipe some gloss on top of whatever lipstick I'm wearing. But that's only if I'm wearing light or nude shades (which is most of the time). It becomes more high maintenance when I wear bright or dark lips because then I have to do liner as well and precision becomes a much bigger factor. So aside from nude lips, I'd say skin. It's the fastest for me: I swipe on a bit of Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick just on my cheeks where I have redness and freckles, blend it with a MAC Oval 6 Brush, and then buff MAC Studio Fix Powder all over with my flat-top Hakuhodo brush. That takes about two minutes in total. And then blush and highlighter takes another minute.

  2. And what's the hardest part? For me, it's brows. They're thin and sparse and totally asymmetrical (my left eyebrow has a more defined arch, my right eyebrow has a rounded arch), with random patches missing because my hair won't grow back in certain places. I use MAC Eyebrows in Lingering to create the shape I want and to fill in any gaps, and then I use Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown just at the tails and at the bottom of my brows to give them more dimension, and then use a spoolie just to blend everything out. But because I'm a perfectionist, I can take up to like, six minutes just to get them as symmetrical as possible.

  3. How well do you think you'd handle super stardom/being a famous celebrity? Terribly. I don't even like going outside my house to smoke in the daytime because I want to avoid people seeing me. And I don't like taking selfies, so I sure as hell wouldn't want other people taking photos of me. Basically, I like my privacy. So no, I wouldn't handle fame well.

  4. How often do your nails break? Very rarely. Only if I jab or scrape my nail really hard on something which causes it to break.

  5. Metallic lips: yes or no? I think they can look really cool for editorial looks, but not in real life. Metallic finishes emphasize lip texture so every line, every dead skin cell, is amplified. Plus, it looks too robotic and high-maintenance. I just don't personally find metallic lips to be flattering, period.

  6. Can you share a piece of life/beauty advice? Life advice: It's always better to fail at something you love than succeed at something you hate. Beauty advice: Your makeup will only ever look as good as your skin, so take care of your skin first.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9