Makeup and Beauty Blog: Monday Poll, Vol. 456

on
Monday, January 2, 2017
This week's Monday Poll:
  1. What did you do for your makeup on the first day of the year? I had to go to work on New Year's, which means full-face makeup (unlike most work places, it is actually a requirement at mine). I started with my usual skin routine: Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer all over my face, a couple swipes of Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick on my cheeks where I have redness and freckles that I buff out with my MAC Oval 6 brush, and then my MAC Studio Fix Powder that I buff all over with a flat-top brush. (There's a lot of buffing that goes on.)

    I did a warm smoky halo eye with a mixture of MAC shadows (Soft Brown, Brown Script, and Deep Damson) and a couple shades from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette (Burnt Orange and Red Ochre), then I dampened a flat synthetic brush with MAC Fix+ and added MAC Let's Roll and Slow/Fast/Slow Dazzleshadows in the centre of my lid. Then I did my brows with a mixture of MAC Eye Brows in Lingering and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown, added winged liner (as always) with Urban Decay Perversion Eye Pen (to create the shape) and MAC Boot Black Liquid Eye Liner (to make it very dark and matte), curled my lashes with my Shu Uemura curler, and applied mascara (two coats of Urban Decay Perversion Mascara, one coat of MAC Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash Mascara).

    I used the new Too Faced Papa Don't Peach Blush on my cheeks, and then highlighted my cheekbones with MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Beaming Blush and Double-Gleam. I then dust my T-zone with some MAC Blot Powder for extra oil absorption power because I turn into a greasy beast after several hours, and spray MAC Mineralize Charged Water all over to smooth and set. And then for lips, I wore MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Burnt Spice with MAC Viva Glam II on top. Phew.

  2. What's one of your goals this year? Saving more money. Both my loan and my car will be paid off in full this year, so for the first time in five years, I will be completely debt-free. So saving more money will be my main focus this year because I have to start paying a mortgage in a couple years on a new condo.

  3. What two eyeshadow brushes do you use the most? The MAC 217 and Sigma E35. Blend, blend, blend, blend, blend.

  4. Your current favourite YouTube channel? Good Mythical Morning. I'm catching up on Season 10 right now.


  5. What are your top two Make Up For Ever products? I actually don't own a lot of Make Up For Ever products, but their Artist Shadows really won me over.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9