Saturday Nine: Happy Holidays!

on
Saturday, December 24, 2016
This week's Saturday Nine:

  1. Some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether — either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas? I have a vague recollection of sitting on Santa's lap with my brother when we were really young but I don't know where the photos from that day are. I was a really shy kid, though, so I think we really only did it the one time.

  2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there? I think I'm on the Nice list. Mostly because I haven't done anything Naughty this year — I've just worked a lot. I don't drink, I don't drug, I don't party. I volunteered. I donated. I've been nice to people who didn't deserve it.

  3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest? No.

  4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? I buy myself way too many gifts. This month alone, I got myself almost the entire MAC Mariah Carey collection, the Violet Voss Holy Grail Palette, and some Makeup Geek Highlighters, among other things.

  5. What's your favourite holiday-themed movie? Elf and Home Alone 2.

  6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theatre on Christmas Day? Yeah, several times, usually when my brother comes back here for Christmas. We went to see The Big Short last year, The Interview two years ago, and The Wolf of Wall Street three years ago. However, he's staying in NYC this year, so I will not be seeing a movie tomorrow in the theatre, though I do hope to watch La La Land sometime this week. I need my holiday dose of Ryan Gosling.

  7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party? Nah. We don't really have big company-wide Christmas parties; we have a casual dinner with a white elephant gift exchange.

  8. What's your favourite beverage in cold weather? As I've gotten older, I've strayed further from fancy drinks at coffee shops, so I usually just opt for coffee or steeped tea. But my co-worker bought me a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks the other day and it was really, really good, so I may be converted, at least for the next month or so (I got a couple Starbucks gift cards for Christmas from co-workers).

  9. Share a memory from last Christmas. On Christmas Day last year, my brother and I went to The Keg for prime ribs and then went to watch The Big Short at a VIP movie theatre. It was a really good, relaxing day.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9