Saturday Nine: Hold It Against Me (2011)

on
Saturday, November 5, 2016
This week's Saturday Nine:


(Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.)


  1. Britney Spears addresses this song to a dance partner when she hears her favourite song. What song always makes you want to get up and dance? "Body Talk" by Foxes.


  2. She sings that she needs a vacation. How about you? If you could escape anywhere for an affordable three-day weekend, where would you go? Orlando, Florida, so I could go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade).

  3. Britney shows off her dance moves in this video. Her coordination shouldn't be surprising, since she was already an accomplished gymnast in grade school. If we asked you to turn a somersault right now, could you do it? Oh, god, no. My whole body would revolt.

  4. Britney's first and only feature film was Crossroads, written by Shonda Rhimes. Ms. Rhimes is famous for writing popular TV series including Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, The Catch and How to Get Away with Murder. Have you watched any Shonda Rhimes shows? Just Grey's Anatomy, though everyone's telling me that I should get into both Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder. (I forgive her for being apart of Crossroads, because everyone needs to start somewhere, you know?)

  5. Britney admits to smoking and biting her nails. Do you share either of these bad habits? Smoking.

  6. Britney prefers Margherita pizza to thin slice or deep dish pizza. What's your pizza preference? Neapolitan pizza, followed by New York-style pizza.

  7. In 2011, when this song was popular, Prince William's wedding to Kate Middleton was big news. Are you a royal watcher? I mean, I watched parts of the royal wedding (like everyone else here), but I wouldn't consider myself a "royal watcher." Like, I'm not a die-hard follower of the royal family. But whether or not it's reading the tabloid headlines in line at the drugstore or seeing it somewhere on social media, I do end up finding out something about their lives.

  8. Apple co-founder Steve Jobs died in 2011. Do you have a Mac, and iPad, or an iPhone? Yeah, I have a six-year-old MacBook Pro and a new iPhone 7 Plus (an early birthday present for myself).

  9. Random question: Which friend annoys you more, the one who interrupts you all the time, or the one who is never on time? The one who interrupts me all the time. But that person is not my friend because I wouldn't keep an annoying friend like that.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9