Saturday Nine: Cabaret (1972)

on
Saturday, November 19, 2016
This week's Saturday Nine:


(Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.)


  1. In this song, Liza Minnelli encourages you to put down "the knitting, the book and the broom." Which of those three were you most recently doing: knitting, reading or housework? Reading. I don't knit. Or really do that much housework, come to think of it.

  2. She sings that we shouldn't allow "some prophet of doom to wipe every smile away." Do you know anyone who reliably looks at the downside of life? There's a girl at my work who tends to have a negative attitude towards everything. She's actually a nice person, but she tends to complain all the time which makes it hard for me to connect with her. In my personal life, I don't keep negative or pessimistic people as friends because misery loves company and those type of people will only serve to bring me down.

  3. In 1972, when this recording was popular, so was The Brady Bunch. In the two-part season premiere, The Bradys went to Hawaii. Do you have any warm weather vacation plans this fall/winter? Sadly, no. It's the busiest time of year so there's no taking any time off until January.

  4. Though not her uncle, just a friend to both of her parents, Liza always called  Frank Sinatra as "Uncle Frank." Is there an older person in your life who isn't a blood relative, but who refer to as "aunt" or "uncle"? Yeah, Chinese people call non-related elders "auntie" or "uncle" out of respect. For example, if I had a Chinese boyfriend, I would call his parents "auntie" and "uncle."

  5. Liza collapsed onstage during a Christmas concert in 2007. She says she'd been nauseous before she went on and simply fainted. Sam has never fainted. Have you? No. I don't think I've ever met anyone who has fainted.

  6. People are often surprised when they learn Liza is good friends with Gene Simmons — the KISS member with the long tongue. Tell us about one of your good friends. One of my best friends, Ronsee, is a paralegal. He's one of the hardest working people I know, and also one of the most knowledgeable people I know. He likes sports and camping and fishing and outdoorsy stuff. He has a great sense of humour, and we get along really well despite not having a ton of things in common.

  7. Liza told US Magazine that she loves to eat at Olive Garden. Do you? I remember loving the Olive Garden when I was a kid, but it doesn't exist in Canada anymore so I haven't gone there in years.

  8. She keeps apple juice and yogurt in her refrigerator at all times. Would we find either in your refrigerator right now? I have Greek yogurt in the fridge but I very rarely have apple juice. I'm more of an orange juice type of gal.

  9. Random question: Which would be a more frustrating dinner companion — someone who won't shut up, or someone who won't say a word? Someone who won't say a word, 'cause firstly, awkward, and secondly, I might as well have gone to dinner by myself. That having been said, if I went to dinner with someone who wouldn't shut up, I wouldn't go to dinner with them again 'cause that's just fucking annoying.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9