Saturday Nine: My Life Would Suck Without You (2009)

on
Saturday, October 8, 2016
This week's Saturday Nine:


(Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.)


  1.  This video begins with Ms. Clarkson on a swing. When you were young, did you prefer the swings or the slide? Swings. Partly because it felt like I could fly, but mostly because I saw a kid pee on a slide and I never trusted them again after that.

  2. The first words are, "Guess this means you're sorry." Who is the last person to apologize to you? Probably someone at work? I don't know, I'm Canadian, we apologize all the time.

  3. One of Kelly's earliest show business jobs was as an extra on Sabrina, The Teenage Witch. Do you believe in witches and warlocks? Not in the kind in Sabrina, but definitely in the kind in The Craft.

  4. Mentioning witches and seeing Kelly with a lollipop reminds Sam... She needs to pick up a 1 lb. bag of Dum Dums for Trick or Treaters. Have you done anything in preparation for Halloween? Well, at work, we've been having Halloween makeup workshops, like doing skulls and villains, and playing around with prosthetics and using lash glue to make scabs and scars. But in terms of candy, no. I live in a gated community, so we don't get any Trick or Treaters here.

  5. Ms. Clarkson's advice to aspiring young singers is not to listen to advice. "Everyone gives you their 2¢ worth, but you have to follow your gut." Are you good at soliciting and following advice? Or do you tend to follow your gut? Depends on what the situation is, and who that advice is from. I give advice when asked, especially when I have a lot of experience in the matter. For myself, I tend to take advice into consideration and then tread that line between instinct and logic.

  6. The year this song was popular, 2009, saw two major newspapers go out of business. Both the Seattle Post Intelligencer and Rocky Mountain News published their last editions. Do you still read a paper copy of your local newspaper? Nope. I haven't read a paper copy of any newspaper in a long, long time.

  7. In 2009, Mark Zuckerberg confirmed that Facebook tried to buy Twitter, but was rebuffed. Which social media site do you spend the most time on? Instagram, by a landslide.

  8. In 2009, the Balmain Collection included a pair of jeans that retailed for $2,165. What's the most you would pay for denim pants? Nowadays, maybe $50? I don't even wear jeans anymore, only various forms of leggings. But when designer jeans were in their hey day, I would regularly buy Citizens of Humanity, 7 For All Mankind, or J Brand, and they were around $200 a pair. The most I have ever spent on jeans, though, was $300 on a pair of Rock & Republics. It was ridiculous. And I obviously thought I had way more money than I actually had.

  9. Random question: You buy a charity raffle ticket and tuck it into a friend's birthday card. Before you can give the card to her, the numbers are drawn and you realize the ticket is worth $500. Do you keep the ticket or give it to your friend, as planned? Keep the ticket, then use part of the winnings to buy her another gift.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9