Sunday Video Love: Load Me Up

on
Sunday, August 28, 2016

Last Friday's Friday Five was all about the year 1999, which made me look back on that year in music and re-discover the gem that is Matthew Good Band's Beautiful Midnight. That was one of the biggest records in Canadian rock that year and I remember "Load Me Up," "Hello Time Bomb," "Strange Days," and "The Future is X-Rated" rotating regularly on radio and MuchMusic. In fact, their concert with Moist at the Air Canada Centre in 1999 became my first real rock concert. I think Matthew Good Band could have become huge if Matthew Good himself didn't intentionally sabotage any chances they had at becoming successful in the US. They officially broke up in 2002 and I don't think there's been a comparable band in Canadian alternative rock since. So here's to my middle school nostalgia.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9