Friday Five: Into the Lens

on
Friday, April 1, 2016
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What was your first camera like? A silver Pentax PC-55 35mm compact camera that I got when I was 12. It had no zoom and it was massive but I loved the shit out of it and carried it everywhere.

  2. What kinds of accessories have you purchased for a camera? A 1 NIKKOR 18.5mm f/1.8 lens for my Nikon 1 J4.

  3. When did you last shoot photos on film, and how many rolls of unshot film do you have in your house? Probably my last year of high school, so 2004. I took photography from Grade 10 to 12 (I also took AP Art) and I spent a lot of time in dark rooms. My parents had bought me a Nikon F80 35mm SLR, which was really fancy at the time, and I shot dozens of projects for school (photography and art were easily my highest grades and are solely responsible for bringing up my overall final GPA in senior year). I think there might be like, two or three rolls of unshot film somewhere in my house, but I have no idea where they are.

  4. Digital photography has all kinds of advantages over film photography, but what’s better about shooting on film and having to get it developed and printed? I find that shooting on film adds character to photos. It's somehow more personal, too — you put more effort into film photos because you don't get to see the shot immediately. Plus, there's that anticipation of waiting for your photos to develop to see the outcome. That was half the fun.

  5. How do you manage your digital photos? In different folders by year, and then month.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9