Saturday Nine: Sleigh Ride

on
Saturday, January 2, 2016
This week's Saturday Nine:

(Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.)

  1. Have you ever ridden in a sleigh? No, but I've wanted to ever since I watched that episode of Gilmore Girls in which Rory and Jess ride in one. Sadly, no one around here has any spare sleighs.

  2. This recording is from Harry Connick Jr.'s best-selling CD, When My Heart Finds Christmas. This year, did you add any new holiday songs to your personal collection? I generally don't like holiday music, but I did download Pentatonix's That's Christmas to Me! to play during our family Christmas dinner to get into the spirit of the holiday.

  3. Harry was born and raised in New Orleans, a city that seldom sees snow. Have you had enough snow to shovel so far this winter? Not yet. (Knock on wood!)

  4. Speaking of weather, Harry hosted a mini-series on The Weather Channel called 100 Biggest Weather Moments. Do you frequently check The Weather Channel? I check the app once or twice a day, usually in the morning or before I go to bed.

  5. Harry's mother was a very impressive woman — a lawyer, judge and Louisiana Supreme Court justice. Tell us about someone in your family of whom you're very proud. I've always been proud of my brother. Ivy League graduate, ex-Wall Street executive, youngest VP in the history of his company, and now entrepreneur and co-founder of an Internet start-up company that has expanded to 23 cities in four years. What can I say, he's always been the overachiever in the family.

  6. Happy New Year! Now that Christmas is over, are you done with holiday music and decorations? Or are you sad to see the holidays end? I am totally done with all things holiday. The holiday season tends to bring out the worst in people. Also, it's the most expensive time of year. My money just seems to disappear in December. It's not that I particularly like January, mind you, but I'm ready to relax a bit after the insanity of Christmas.

  7. The New Year's Eve fireworks celebration in Sydney, Australia is famous for coordinating pyrotechnics and music. Have you ever welcomed the New Year in another country? Only one year, when I was eight (in 1994). We spent New Year's in Hong Kong.

  8. Do you have any New Year's Resolutions for 2016? To be more positive. Why be sad when I can choose to be happy?

  9. Looking back on 2015, what surprised you? Nothing personally (work was really hectic, but my personal life was extremely tame in 2015), but just all the shit that happened around the world (e.g. the terrorist attacks in Paris, all the mass shootings in the US, the Syrian refugee crisis, Donald Trump running for US presidency, etc.).
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9