Saturday Nine: Don't You Care? (1967)

on
Saturday, January 30, 2016
This week's Saturday Nine:



(Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.)

  1. What's something that seems to fascinate everyone else, but you just don't care about? The Kardashians/Jenners.

  2. The lyrics refer to "the times we cried and laughed." Which did you do more recently, cry or laugh? Laugh. Come to think of it, I don't cry very often. 

  3. In the song, our hero seems surprised that his girlfriend doesn't believe him. Are you more believing and trusting, or suspicious and skeptical? I think it depends on who it is. In my personal life, I'm pretty trusting until you give me a reason not to be. With strangers, I'm usually pretty skeptical because I find people to be more self-serving than anything else.

  4. This song is just over two minutes long, which seems short for a song but awful long when Sam is waiting for her chicken soup to heat in the microwave. What's the last thing you heated in a microwave? My dinner: Ribs, mushrooms and onions, Brussels sprouts, and roasted potatoes with pesto.

  5. This week's band, The Buckinghams, was one of the first acts to perform at Chicago's premiere summer festival, The Taste of Chicago. Let's think ahead: Have you made any plans for Summer 2016? Well, I'm going to NYC in early May, and I'm going to see Weezer and Panic! at the Disco with my friend Austin at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre in July. And I always go to The Ex at the end of August. But it's still January. I'm still waiting to see what bands are coming to town and what restaurants are exciting to try during Summerlicious.

  6. In 1967, when this song was popular, Rolling Stone magazine published its first issue. What magazines do you subscribe to? Do they arrive in the mail, or do you read them online? I haven't subscribed to magazines in well over a decade. But if I did, I'd get them in the mail. I don't think I'd ever get used to reading them online. I find ads on websites far more annoying than ads in print.

  7. Country star/American Idol judge Keith Urban was born in 1967. Are you watching the final season of American Idol? No, I never really got into it even when it first premiered.

  8. In 1967, the average cost of a movie ticket was $1.25. By 2015, it had risen $8.60. What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? The Big Short, on Christmas Eve with my brother.

  9. Random question: Sam's taking everyone out to dinner and she's buying. Would you prefer the steak or the lobster? I mean, it depends on whether it's a seafood restaurant or a steakhouse. But in general, I tend to enjoy steak more, so I say steak.
2 comments on "Saturday Nine: Don't You Care? (1967)"
  1. According to some magazine stats, people actually enjoy ads in print. But I never subscribe either.

    And I usually get seafood when going out since it's one of those things I'm unlikely to ever cook at home - especially something like lobster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, see Liz, when you don't cook at home, seafood AND steak are equally great! :D Still, there's just something about a slab of meat that wins me over every time...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9