Saturday Nine: Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

on
Saturday, December 19, 2015
This week's Saturday Nine:

(Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.)

  1. According to a marketing research firm, this song is both one of the most played and most hated songs of the season. Do you like it? What? There's no way that this is one of the most played songs of the season. I'd never heard of it until this post. I can, however, believe that it is the most hated song of the season. Because I actually listened to it, and it is truly god-awful.

  2. In this song, Grandma's troubles start when she drinks too much eggnog. Do you like eggnog? I never got into it. I mean, my family never bought eggnog for us during the holidays (I don't think a lot of Asians even know about eggnog, to be honest), so it was never a tradition, and the only time I've ever had it, I wasn't fond of the texture or the flavour. I've had an eggnog latte from Second Cup, which was okay, but I wouldn't order it again. So, basically... no.

  3. In the song, Grandpa recovers from losing Grandma by drinking beer and playing cards with Cousin Mel. Will you be celebrating the holidays with cousins? I will be on Christmas Day, 'cause we're going to my aunt's for dinner.

  4. When did you most recently drink a beer? Was it in a bottle, a can or a glass? I probably had a sip of someone's beer a few months ago (just to taste it, because I never order my own beer). And it was in a glass.

  5. The lyrics refer to "pudding of fig." In "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," the carolers demand figgy pudding. Yet despite its popularity in holiday songs, Sam has never tasted fig pudding. Have you? Nope. I don't think you can even find it here. I think it was only popular in the UK.

  6. Thinking of holiday sweets, would you prefer a gingerbread cookie or slice of pumpkin pie? Pumpkin pie. Nothing against gingerbread cookies, but I will always pick pie.

  7. This song was recorded by a duo named Elmo & Patsy. It occurs to Sam that she has never met anyone named Elmo. How about you? Any Elmos in your life? Only the one on Sesame Street.

  8. Do you need snow to get "into the spirit?" Yeah, I think so. It hasn't properly snowed here yet, which I don't mind because driving in the snow is a bitch and I have to drive a lot more these days... but I mean, winter in Canada means snow. It doesn't really feel like it's going to be Christmas in six days.

  9. Random question: Are you going to get/have you gotten a flu shot this year? I should because I see so many people on a daily basis (and I get pretty up close and personal with them because hi, I do makeup for a living), but I always forget about it. So... probably not.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9