Friday Five: Up and Autumn

on
Friday, October 16, 2015
Friday Five (from two weeks ago 'cause I didn't do it):
  1. Where do you rank October among the twelve months of the year? I love it, 'cause it's when it really looks and feels like fall here. I find that September still feels kind of summery (indeed, there was a heatwave when I was in New York a month ago), whereas it's really sweater weather once October hits. It's when the leaves start to change colour, and all the stores are in full-blown autumn mode: fall makeup, fall clothing, fall accessories, fall drinks.

  2. What time is the sun coming up where you live, and how does it affect your life or schedule? The sun comes up usually around 7:00am these days; since I don't work a typical 9-to-5 job, it doesn't really affect my life one way or the other right now. But it's a different story when daylight saving time ends, and the sun doesn't come up until 8:00am, because that's when I really feel like I'm getting up when it's still night. I feel like I get tired faster because there's less daylight and the day seems a lot shorter. Also, it sucks because I like to take photos in natural lighting, so I have a much smaller window to do it.

  3. How do you manage to get enough fresh air and exercise in bad-weather months? I don't to begin with, really. I mean, I don't really do outdoor activities except for like, smoke. And I don't think smoking counts as fresh air... or exercise...

  4. Holidays and weather aside, what are the best and worst things about the autumn months? I've said this before, but I truly love everything about autumn. I've always preferred cool temperatures to warm, so the weather is just perfect for me. It's the prettiest season aesthetically, too. Not just the change in nature, but in everything I listed in #1: makeup, clothing, accessories. I can wear the jackets, scarves, and shoes that I can't wear any other time of year! I don't have to care about my uneven tan or making sure my toes are presentable so I can wear sandals... or sweating.

  5. What are some good songs for the soundtrack of the season?  I find that I switch to slightly mellower, more haunting tunes in the fall. Not depressing or slow, necessarily, just a little moodier or sensual, and less aggressive and/or upbeat. Here's a list of some old favourites and new classics that I love for this season:
    • Mansionair - Speak Easy
    • CHVRCHES - Get Away
    • Troye Sivan feat. Tkay Maidza - DKLA
    • Kavinsky feat. Lovefoxxx - Nightcall
    • Disclosure feat. Lorde - Magnets
    • Team Sleep - Blvd. Nights
    • Crosses - Frontiers
    • Civil Twilight - Letters From the Sky
    • The Temper Trap - Soldier On
    • The xx - Islands
    • Stars - Wasted Daylight
    • Ellie Goulding - High For This
    • Goldfrapp - We Radiate
    • The Naked and Famous - Hearts Like Ours
    • Tove Lo - Scream My Name
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9