Saturday Nine: Heartbeat Song

on
Saturday, August 1, 2015
This week's Saturday Nine:
  1. Kelly Clarkson is singing an upbeat song about falling in love. Think of your favourite love song. Is it about finding love or losing it? I love a lot of love songs, but one of my top favourites is "Rx Queen" by Deftones. It's not about finding nor losing love, but being so in love that you'd sacrifice anything for that person.

  2. This song was co-written by Kara DioGuardi, who was a judge on American Idol. Kelly was, of course, the first American Idol. Do you watch Idol, The Voice, or America's Got Talent? Not religiously because I don't really watch television, but I have watched performances from all three shows (and X Factor, too) on YouTube. I only really like The Voice and X Factor, though. I find American Idol to be more boring than the others, and I don't like the judges on America's Got Talent

  3. In this video, Kelly is blonde. Clairol based a famous ad campaign around the assertion that "blondes have more fun." Tell us another commercial catchphrase (it can be for any product at all). The one on the top of my head is "Because you're worth it" (L'Oréal).

  4. As a young girl, Kelly wanted to be a marine biologist. She jokes that she changed her mind after seeing Jaws. Tell us about a movie that really scared you. Stephen King's It. I watched it when I was 10, and I am still scared of clowns.

  5. Kelly is very involved with NASCAR, performing at pre-race concerts and appearing at their Champions' Breakfast. Are you a race fan? Nope. Zero interest.

  6. Kelly is married to Brandon Blackstock, stepson of country superstar Reba McEntire. Are you a country music fan? I used to think I hated country music, but I've realized that there are so many subgenres of country that I was really being unfair to the genre as a whole. In general, I like slower, more soulful country. Some of my favourite songs are duets sung by Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio.


  7. The Blackstocks have a baby girl, River Rose. In May, the family visited an Australian wildlife preserve and introduced her to koalas and kangaroos. Have you visited the zoo this year? I haven't been to a zoo in over a decade. It's just not the first thing I think of doing when I have free time.

  8. Upon learning that she was getting criticized on Twitter for being "big," Kelly responded, "Say what you will. It's a free world. It doesn't bother me." How about you? Do you worry what other people think of you? I'd be lying if I said no. I think everyone cares, on some level, what other people think of them. I don't necessarily care what strangers think about me, but I do care about what my friends and family think about me.

  9. She bid over $200,000 and won a ring that had once belonged to Jane Austen. (She doesn't have the ring, though; the British government banned its sale because it's a historic artifact and Kelly's money was returned.) She also has a first edition of one of Austen's novels. Who is your all-time favourite writer? This is hard because I read so many books... But if I had to pick just one, I'd say J. K. Rowling because I think the Harry Potter series was ingenious and made a huge impact for my generation in terms of literature. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9