Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lip Cream in Taffy, Nude Beach, and Naughty Nude

on
Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A couple months ago, I went on a random jaunt to Sephora and found myself having a swatch party at the Too Faced section. There's been a lot of hype over their Melted liquid lipsticks, but not nearly the same amount of hoopla over the La Crème formula, and it completely baffles me because they are wonderful. Too Faced describes it as "a rich and creamy lip colour infused with moisturizing and strengthening benefits including white lotus flower and power peptides." There are 20 shades in total, available in four colour ranges, and have a light lemon cake scent but no real discernible taste. Each La Crème lipstick comes in a slim matted gold tube, contains 3 grams of product, and retails for $26.

Taffy, Nude Beach, and Naughty Nude

Taffy, Nude Beach, and Naughty Nude

Taffy is a light warm-toned peachy pink with a luminous shine. This is a permanent shade. It has a soft, creamy, balm-like texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium-high pigmentation and semi-opaque to opaque buildable colour pay-off. It is warmer than MAC Angel, more pink than MAC Shy Girl, brighter than YSL 6 Rose Bergamasque, and lighter than Tom Ford Pink Dusk.
Nude Beach is a light warm pink nude with a luminous shine. This is a permanent shade. It has a soft, creamy, balm-like texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium-high pigmentation and semi-opaque to opaque buildable colour pay-off. It is pinker and more pigmented than MAC Peach Blossom, slightly more pink than MAC Pure Pout, slightly darker than YSL 10 Beige Tribute, and more pink than Urban Decay Naked2.
Naughty Nude is a light-medium warm peachy brown with a luminous shine. This is a permanent shade. It has a soft, creamy, balm-like texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium-high pigmentation and semi-opaque to opaque buildable colour pay-off. It is more peach than MAC Jubilee, more brown than MAC Freckletone, more brown than Chanel 89 Satisfaction, and more brown than NARS Raquel.

I am in love with these — so much so that La Crème has entered my Top 5 favourite lipstick formulas of all time. They're creamy and ultra-comfortable to wear with a glossy finish, but they have excellent colour pay-off. Unlike Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine, YSL's Rouge Volupté Shine, and MAC's Sheen Supreme, which are the most comparable in terms of finish and texture, these ones have a longer wear-time (around four hours), and they remain hydrating like an actual lip balm without getting overly creamy or "melty." These are an amazing option for those who tend to go for lipstick-lip balm hybrids, but want saturated colour pay-off. (Also, they have a most delightful lemon cake scent.) I got the nude shades to start, but you can be sure that I will be hoarding many, many more.
5 comments on "Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lip Cream in Taffy, Nude Beach, and Naughty Nude"
  1. The concluding sentence made me LOL. BUT OF COURSE.

    I'm not a big TF person but I like the look of these lipsticks. Just... god, there are so many lipsticks in the world, lol. I've reached my limit. I might look at these in like 5 years. Hope they'll still be around.

    Hey, nice new banner, btw! Very spring-y.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, OF COURSE. I bought three new shades during the VIB sale. :P

      Yeah, there are a LOT of lipstick formulas out there. Kinda overwhelming to pick and choose, lol. I guess it just depends on the formula and the finish and the shade range you like. I like these ones when I want something a little more hydrating and "jelly-looking" rather than that kind of ultra-saturated, matte look. As it is, I actually like these Too Faced ones more than the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine and YSL Rouge Volupte Shine, which are the most similar in finish. As an added plus, the Too Faced ones are a lot cheaper, too!

      And thank you! I thought it was time for a spruce, and I had downloaded these new fonts so I wanted to play around with them. :)

      Delete
  2. I like your new banner :) Everyone says these are good, but like Liz, I can only have so many, LOL. I just wore my Diors again the other day and was like heyyyyy, I remember why I love these...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I kept tweaking it, but I quite like the way the banner turned out. A little more modern. :)

      For some reason, I'm steering further and further away from Dior's lip products. The rose scent makes me think I inhaled too much perfume, lol. They don't entice me like they used to, and for the price point, I'd rather go to YSL. :P

      Delete
    2. Ah ha! I don't mind the Dior scent, and actually, YSL lip products make my lips tingle weirdly now, lol. Plus THAT is a strong smell! But it's ok because now I can just enjoy them through you. I'll handle Dior, LOL. THIS IS WHAT TEAMWORK MEANS.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9