Becca Mineral Blush in Flowerchild, Damselfly, Songbird, and Wild Honey

on
Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A couple months ago, on a Sephora shopping high, I decided to pick up four shades of Becca Mineral Blush, of which I had read nothing but stellar, glowing reviews. It is described as "a delicate powder blush infused with micro-fine minerals that deliver a soft glow." They are meant to "impart a soft halo of colour… that subtly reflects the light and casts a luminous glow" and are "formulated with a natural mineral complex and infused with antioxidant vitamins A, E, and C... to nourish and condition skin for a smooth, illuminated complexion." They are packaged in a chocolate brown rubberized mirrored compacts with airbrushed metal lids. Each blush contains a total of 6 grams of product, and retails for $38 CAD at Sephora.

Clockwise from left: Flowerchild, Damselfly, Songbird, and Wild Honey

Flowerchild, Damselfly, Songbird, and Wild Honey

Flowerchild is a medium warm peachy pink with a gold shimmer-sheen. This is a permanent shade. It has a soft, finely-milled, almost buttery texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is darker and more peach than MAC Dainty, more pink than MAC Springsheen, less golden than NARS Orgasm, more pink than Tarte Glisten, more shimmery than Hourglass Luminous Flush, and more pink than Clinique Peach Pop.
Damselfly is a medium warm muted coral-peach with a gold shimmer-sheen. This is a permanent shade. It has a soft, finely-milled, almost buttery texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is darker than MAC New Romance, similar to MAC Style, more peach than NARS Deep Throat, more shimmery than Tarte Captivating, darker and more peach than Hourglass Dim Infusion, and more orange than Clinique Peach Pop.
Songbird is a medium-dark warm peachy copper-bronze with a gold shimmer-sheen. This is a permanent shade. It has a soft, finely-milled, almost buttery texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily.  It is darker and more orange than MAC Sunbasque, similar to MAC Peachtwist, more peach than MAC Make You Mine, darker and more copper than NARS Torrid, more bronze than Tarte Charisma, and more bronze than Clinique Ginger Pop.
Wild Honey is a medium warm golden peach nude with a subtle gold shimmer-sheen. This is a permanent shade. It has a soft, finely-milled, almost buttery texture, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It can be layered and blended out easily. It is more golden and less shimmery than MAC Warm Soul, darker and more peach than MAC Trace Gold, less peach and less shimmery than NARS Luster, peachier than Tarte Buff, and darker and more golden than Hourglass Dim Infusion.

This might be a little controversial, but this has taken the number one spot for my overall favourite blush formula. It has amazing pigmentation that gives full colour pay-off, and leaves a gorgeous illuminating glow that never looks too shiny or sparkly — just smooth, healthy, and luminous. This is a very soft, silky-smooth formula that is almost creamy, so it blends beautifully and effortlessly. Plus, it has a long wear-time to boot (at least six hours without fading). Honestly, I love everything about these. Except for the shade range, which I feel should include more shades to encompass all skintones from fair to deep dark. The shades they have right now are great for light to medium dark skintones, with Songbird being the darkest shade they make. I want more, more, more!
8 comments on "Becca Mineral Blush in Flowerchild, Damselfly, Songbird, and Wild Honey"
  1. Becca is an interesting brand. They have an insane single-minded fixation on complexion, contour and "glow" and don't offer too many colours. Songbird is gorgeous! Definitely stands out to me among the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I quite like that about them, though, because they really do complexion, contour, and glow really well... which is probably why I bought four blushes and four highlighters from them. :P But they do seriously need to work on their colour range. I need quality AND quantity, damnit.

      And yes, I agree, Songbird is definitely their most stand-out shade. And my most-used blush as of late! Seriously, I've used it almost everyday for like, a month. A MONTH!

      Delete
  2. I had such a hard time narrowing down a shade when I picked one of these up last year. If they had more unique and fun shades, I would have definitely scored more than one! The shade I have, Sweet Pea, is my perfect neutral, and you're right - the formula is fantastic. If they every come out with any other shades, you can be sure I'll grab them! (though I'm being sorely tempted by Songbird here!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the biggest complaint; not being able to pick a shade because they're not unique enough. When I saw them in person for the first time, I thought they all looked so similar in the pan that I didn't even bother swatching them. But I looked at swatches online and they were all so pretty, I could not resist. So much so that I actually bought four because I couldn't decide between them, LOL. I will need to finish my collection with Sweet Pea and Gypsy. :P

      You definitely need to look at Songbird. On your complexion? YASSSSSSSS.

      Delete
  3. I want Wild Honey and Songbird! They are so lovely looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, they should be your next blush purchases. You won't regret it. They're seriously beautiful. I've been wearing Songbird almost everyday for a month. I kid you not. That's some intense love. INTENSE.

      Delete
  4. I've heard good things in general about these but i haven't really been too curious just yet. i agree about the shade selection though. i went into sephora to look at them once and nothing really really appealed since i have most of these sorts of shades already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly enough, when I saw them in person for the first time in NYC last year, they didn't appeal to me, either. There's something about the dimness in Sephora that makes them all look the same in the pan. But they're actually all really different and really gorgeous. I think the price point makes it a little harder to splurge, but I personally like these more than, say, Hourglass or Chanel.

      When you have as much make-up as I do, it's a given that you'll have a lot of these shades already. In general, I buy more so for formulation and execution.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9