Sunday Video Love: Happy Little Pill

on
Sunday, October 12, 2014

I am obsessed with Troye Sivan's EP. For those who aren't familiar with him, he's most known for being a YouTuber, but he is also an actor (he played young Wolverine in X-Men Origins: Wolverine), and now singer-songwriter (he signed with Universal last year). I'm going to be honest, I didn't really know what to expect from him, musically. He's a cute kid, talented and entertaining, but a lot of actors/YouTubers that decide to go into music usually fail and/or do it terribly (whether it's cheesy or predictable or just badly written) because they do it for the money and attention, and not because they want to be taken seriously as an artist. But having listened to Sivan's EP on repeat for the past two weeks, I can say that it's not anything I would have expected, in the best way possible; think Lorde but somehow dancier and more haunted at the same time... and sang by a 19-year-old gay South African-Australian boy who apparently has some really dark, cynical thoughts. Basically: Slayed.
2 comments on "Sunday Video Love: Happy Little Pill"
  1. Ooh, I really like that sequence at around 2:45. I LIKE THIS. I'll have to look for this EP on Rdio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! A bit of dubstep action in there around 2:45. I think his EP made it on the Billboard Top 100, so it should be on Rdio. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9