Makeup and Beauty Blog: Monday Poll, Vol. 344

on
Monday, October 27, 2014
Thought it'd be fun to start doing Karen's Monday Polls! This week's Monday Poll:
  1. Do you like being the centre of attention? In general, no. But it depends on why I'm being the centre of attention. If it's for a good thing (like I executed a great make-up look on myself or someone else and am getting praise for it), then I don't mind it. But if it's for a bad thing (like my lipstick is bleeding and someone is pointing it out), then no. In meetings, I don't mind it if I'm giving a presentation and I'm well-prepared. But I mind if I'm put on the spot and don't have a good answer.

  2. The recipe for a perfect Sunday autumn afternoon includes... A good novel, a good meal (Sundays are omelette days for me, no matter what meal it is, preferably with some old cheddar and prosciutto and a dash of oregano, sometimes with some salsa, and buttered ciabatta toast on the side), a good cup of coffee, a nice candle (I'm thoroughly enjoying the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles one from Bath & Body Works right now), and The Sims 3

  3. Under my bed, you'll find... Nothing! I have one of those bed frames that goes all the way to the floor, so there's no gap.

  4. I could drink __________ by the pitcher. Simply Limeade.

  5. Do you sleep with a nightlight now (or have you ever)? Not for a long time. When I was a kid, it was essential because I needed to see if there were clowns or dolls hiding underneath my bed or behind my dresser or whatever (not knowing what I would do if I actually found something that horrifying in my room was besides the point). Then I got used to having a nightlight and it came in handy when I needed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. But I stopped having one at some point (not sure when, possibly when I moved out with my ex) and now I'm just used to not having one. And I actually find it distracting when there's any light on when I'm trying to sleep now. I have to set my digital clock/iPod dock to the dimmest setting, and even then, I have to face away from it to fall asleep.
2 comments on "Makeup and Beauty Blog: Monday Poll, Vol. 344"
  1. I actually found night lights to be even creepier than the dark because it made ordinary things look strange. I also can't sleep if there's anything lit in the room. Laptop, power bar -- everything has to shut down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, the shadows created by night lights can be creepy but only if there's a new shadow that wasn't there previously... or if a shadow is moving...

      But my teddy bear protected me from all the things, so it was okay. :D

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9