Friday Five: Octopi

on
Friday, August 1, 2014
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What's something you own at least eight of? Aside from make-up ('cause let's face it, we all know I own at least eighty of every make-up item you could think of) and nail polish (ditto), I'd say perfumes, candles, hand creams, books, CDs, DVDs, handbags, pretty much all items of clothing... Basically, I'm materialistic with hoarder tendencies.

  2. How particular are you about the ink in the pens you write with? I'll use any pen in a pinch, but the only ones I truly love using (and the only ones I'll actually spend my own money on), are the ink gel pens from Muji. I love all the colours they make, but they have to be the 0.5mm point tip. Smooth, flowing ink, comfortable to hold, and they're like, $1 a pop.

  3. What's something interesting you know about octopi? Not gonna lie, aside from the fact that they have eight arms with suction cups, I didn't know much else about them... but I did just find out through Wikipedia that octopi "are among the most intelligent and behaviourally flexible of all invertebrates," and that they have a relatively short life expectancy, usually because of reproduction, as "males can only live for a few months after mating, and females die shortly after their eggs hatch." But most importantly, they are delicious, and that is all I need to know about them.

    Octopus sushi at Sano Sushi

    Takoyaki at Kenzo

    Deep-fried octopus tentacles at Maison du Japon 

  4. What seems to have a suction-cup-like grip on your attention lately? My career goals, mostly, and where I can go in the short- and long-term as a make-up artist. I've been oddly driven recently.

  5. When you travel, whether it's to a completely different culture or just to a neighbouring state, how adventurous is your approach to the cuisine? Pretty adventurous. I like to eat what the locals like to eat, rather than what tourists would eat. I draw the line at animals I would have as pets, which are really narrowed down to cats and dogs. 
6 comments on "Friday Five: Octopi"
  1. LOL. Octopi are delicious, it's true. And yes! We like to eat our way through places when we travel. It's the only way to go! Although I would also draw the line at cats and dogs, yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love me some good octopi, lol. I also love curry baby octopus that they offer at dim sum restaurants. YUMMMM.

      I've never understood why people would go somewhere outside of their hometown/city and not eat the local food. Seems like such a wasted opportunity!

      Delete
  2. Love your Friday Fave posts. Drooling at the deep fried tentacles.....yum....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! And yes, deep-fried tentacles are SO ADDICTIVE. They offer them at most bubble tea places now and I always want to order them. :P

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha, never realized how much I love eating octopus until this post.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9