Dior Addict Fluid Stick in 338 Mirage, 373 Rieuse, and 575 Wonderland

on
Thursday, August 14, 2014

For summer, Dior launched a new and permanent lip product called Dior Addict Fluid Stick. It's described as giving "the high-impact colour and long wear of a classic lipstick, combined with the shine of a gloss, all in a thin film that delivers sensational comfort. Colour and shine come together as one for maximum impact with intense, long-wearing lip stain pigments directly encapsulated in spheres of gloss. Dior Addict Fluid Stick does not contain wax, but water for maximum lightness, an immediate fresh effect and addictive comfort…" It features a teardrop-shaped foam applicator, and has a sweet, almost soapy scent, but no discernible taste. They are packaged in a clear rectangular tube like other Dior lip glosses, but features the shape of a lipstick inside the tube. Each Dior Addict Fluid Stick contains a total of 5.5 ml of product, and retails for $36. 

338 Mirage, 373 Rieuse, and 575 Wonderland

338 Mirage, 373 Rieuse, and 575 Wonderland

338 Mirage is a medium muted warm peachy coral with brown undertones in a glossy finish. This is a permanent shade. The texture is lightweight and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has medium-high pigmentation and semi-opaque to opaque buildable colour pay-off. It is darker and more brown than 239 Frisson, brighter and more orange than 219 Whisper Beige, darker and more brown than MAC Richer, Lusher Cremesheen Glass, darker and brighter than MAC Be Nice Mineralize Glass, and darker and more orange than NARS Odalisque Larger Than Life Lip Gloss.
373 Rieuse is a medium brightened warm coral-pink in a glossy finish. This is a permanent shade. The texture is lightweight and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is less pink than 479 Magique, more pink than 550 Aventure, more pink than MAC Whoops! Pro Longwear Lipglass, more muted than Illamasqua Mistress Intense Lipgloss, more pink than NARS Paris Follies Larger Than Life Lip Gloss, lighter and more pink than YSL 12 Corail Fauve Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain, and more pink than Marc Jacobs Beauty 202 Paint It Lust for Vinyl Lip Lacquer.
575 Wonderland is a medium-dark vibrant warm reddened pink in a glossy finish. This is a permanent shade. The texture is lightweight and creamy, and it goes on smoothly and evenly. It has high pigmentation and opaque colour pay-off. It is darker than 479 Magique, more pink than 754 Pandore, more reddened than Illamasqua Follow Intense Lipgloss, brighter and warmer than MAC Double Dare Cremesheen Glass, more pink than NARS Norma Larger Than Life Lip Gloss, and warmer than YSL 11 Rouge Gouache Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain.

I've never really had a lip product quite like this. There are a ton of lip hybrids out there these days, but this one really is exactly as it claims: it has the colour pay-off and wear-time of a lipstick, but has the high shine finish of a gloss that feels incredibly lightweight, almost like a gel. When push comes to shove, I would classify these more as glosses than lipsticks, as these apply, execute, and appear like glosses (plus, a lipstick would imply that it comes in, you know, stick-form). On that note, glosses with this kind of texture are usually really sheer with a very short wear-time (e.g. MAC Cremesheen Glass), but these somehow have the pigmentation and wear-time of a very, very sticky gloss (e.g. MAC Pro Longwear Lipglass). They wear even longer than most shiny lipsticks.

They feel a little tingly and almost cooling when you first put it on, and then you feel a very slight tightening as if the product is clinging to your lips. A slight tackiness develops to help with the wear-time, but it never feels sticky or gluey, and it's never uncomfortable. And I also find that as the product wears, it almost looks more lush, more cushiony on the lips, making them appear fuller and juicier. The only thing I don't really love about these is the applicator, which isn't as precise as I'd like it, especially given that the brighter and darker colours can stain; it's very easy to over-apply these. I'm also not huge on the scent, which is almost chemical-like. It doesn't linger on the lips and I don't taste it once it's on, but it's worth noting. Still, the pros outweigh the cons with this formula, and it's ultimately an incredible option for those who want a gloss that behaves like a liquid lipstick.
14 comments on "Dior Addict Fluid Stick in 338 Mirage, 373 Rieuse, and 575 Wonderland"
  1. I love everything about this except the shine, and that went and killed the entire lemming colony for me. I even like the applicator! (Not a splaying brush for once!) :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, ultimately, these are glosses so a major selling point here is the shine. :P Ah, one less thing to want, ya know?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, but I want to give some love to Dior and they have to make it so goddamn difficult. LOL

      Delete
    3. LOL! Nothing from Dior is really intriguing me right now... The Fall collection's kinda boring. The lipsticks are nice but nothing we haven't seen before and I probably have 80 dupes for each shade by now. :P Might check out the blush, but again, for $42, there are tons of other blushes I want more, LOL.

      Delete
  2. lush and cushiony eh? i've been coveting magique for a while now and i'm hoping my friend will pick it up a little cheaper for me at the gatwick duty free. can't wait for her to get back.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes, I might pick up a couple more if I ever hit up a Duty Free. Always forget they have Dior there... Hope you end up getting Magique!

      Delete
  3. You know, I never even swatched these. People said they were sticky and that turned me right off. They make some gorgeous colors, though! I did buy a Lancome Lip Lover, and I do really like that...do you have any of those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not really sticky, per se... They do get a bit tacky to extend the wear-time, but I wouldn't call them uncomfortable. They're not nearly as sticky as MAC's Lipglass...

      I don't have any of the Lancome Lip Lovers, but I've been tempted every time I pass a counter. But then I have so many non-sticky glosses... What do you love about them?

      Delete
    2. The Lip Lovers are comfortable and not at all sticky. They get a little tackier as wear goes on, but not much, and they also leave a pretty stain.

      Delete
    3. I wonder how they differ from these Dior ones? They actually sound pretty similar. Maybe I will splurge during Lancome's next GWP. There's like, five colours I want, LOL.

      Delete
  4. I have Pandore and Wonderland I think. A bit too lazy to rummage in my lip products drawer to confirm the shades :) But I love the texture as long as I don't rub my lips together too often. I like that the shade fades a bit after a few hours leaving a very pleasant stain. I don't feel too unpresentable as the day wears on at work. Glad to hear you like this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that they leave a stain but it's not like the YSL Glossy Stains, where it's on your lips FOREVER and even cleansing oil won't take it off, lol.

      These are definitely one of the nicer hybrid lip products out there!

      Delete
  5. I have only one of these, but when I first bought it, I was determined to buy a billion more lol. I really like these! I just find the colours don't have enough differentiation for me, at least the shades that I can wear (the light ones are chalky on me). I might pick up one of the deep dark shades (I think there are 2-3) because I really enjoy pretty much everything about these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that some of the shades in the line-up are kind of redundant. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between several of them! I might pick up one or two more shades (one from the lighter side and one from the darker side), though my lemming for these has been sated for now, lol. In the end, I'm still more of a lipstick girl than a gloss girl. :P Glad to hear you like these!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9