Friday Five: Food Again

on
Friday, January 17, 2014
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What was the most recent pork dish you consumed, and how was it? The stewed streaky pork meal set at Go For Tea last night. It tasted okay, but I got such a bad stomach flu from it today (complete with 101° fever) that I have either spent it in the bathroom, popping Tylenol, or passed out in bed. Needless to say, I will never order it again.

  2. What was the most recent fish dish you consumed, and how was it? Sashimi at Izakaya Ju on Tuesday. It was fantastic.

  3. What was the most recent beef dish you consumed, and how was it? The Kobe-style beef meatballs with fresh tagliatelle and truffle cream at JOEY Markville on Wednesday. The pasta was really good, but I didn't love the sauce that the meatballs were in (some tomato-based stuff). But it was also incredibly heavy, so I don't think I'd order it again.

  4. What was the most recent all-veggie dish you consumed, and how was it? I make a cucumber and cream cheese bagel for lunch almost everyday. Does that count?

  5. What was the most recent chicken dish you consumed, and how was it? I had some rotisserie chicken from Loblaws last weekend. The dark meat was good, the white meat was dry as a desert. 
4 comments on "Friday Five: Food Again"
  1. 1 - slow roasted pork at a cuban resto. yuuuummmmms
    2 - basa filet i made with salt/pepper/lemon. also yuuuummmmmmss (sashimi is like...my not so secret happiness)
    3. stir fried beef it was good (omg kobe meatballs are awesome)
    4. hmmm i dont konw...i always eat meat and protein. oh wait.. i made a green curry with veggies and tofu. it was good..
    5. i just had roasted chicken for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, which Cuban resto did you go to? I don't think I've ever had Cuban food in TO! Would love to try.

      Man, I really should learn how to cook. Sounds like you have some delightful meals at home!

      Delete
  2. Oh god, I hope you'll be back in form for our pig out session on Thurs! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! Don't worry, I should be back in form for our Thursday meet-up; I'm at the tail-end of it now (knock on wood).

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9