Rainbow Honey Nail Lacquer in Tiny Ruby

on
Monday, December 23, 2013

I've been curious about indie brand Rainbow Honey for a while now, so when Nail Polish Canada announced that they started carrying the brand, I immediately logged in to their site to put in an order. I didn't want to go too overboard because they're $11.50 a pop, so I ended up picking up the five shades that intrigued me the most (as witnessed in my most recent haul post). There are a lot more shades that I was tempted by, but I had to practice some sort of self-control given all the other expenses that December entails. But you can be sure that I will pick up some more of their polishes in the (very) near future because there's just too many gorgeous, unique shades to ignore. Of course, given the time of year, I felt the need to wear something more festive, so I busted out the most "holiday" looking one, Tiny Ruby. Ironically, this shade was actually released with Rainbow Honey's Summer collection (which was inspired by the 1995 SNES hit, Earthbound), but that just proves that this can be worn all year round.


Tiny Ruby is a medium-dark ruby red jelly base with red, fuchsia, and gold holographic hexagonal glitter, micro-glitter, shimmer, and micro-shimmer. It has a slightly thicker consistency that is common with glitter polishes, but it doesn't hinder the application. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has medium pigmentation and will go opaque in three medium coats. I can't think of any dupes for this. I'm not usually into red polishes, but this one is surprisingly elegant to me, especially for a glitter. The red, fuchsia, and gold work well together to create a lovely dimension and depth without being too tacky or crazy, and adds just the right amount of whimsy. I also like that it doesn't lean too warm or too cool, so it should look amazing on all skintones. It's a great shade for someone who likes red nails but wants to glam it up for a special occasion. For some reason, this really reminds me of those red rupees from The Legend of Zelda. And also Chinese New Year dragons.
4 comments on "Rainbow Honey Nail Lacquer in Tiny Ruby"
  1. LOL red rupees!

    Really like this one and see it selling out for Valentine's Day. I'm loving glitter so much lately, it's a bit insane. Do you have DL Ruby Red Slippers? Seeing this makes me want that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you know me and my comparisons. ;)

      Yeah, this is definitely a good contender for Valentine's. Actually, the fuchsia glitter in it probably makes it more Valentine's than Christmas, but I needed to try this one, you know? It was all new and shiny and just sitting there unopened...

      And yes, I do have Ruby Red Slippers! It's totally different from this one, though, 'cause it has a black base and way less shimmer. This one's more glitter-dense and much more vibrant. :)

      Delete
  2. RED RUPEEEEESSSSS. I want to play Zelda again now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I LOVE Zelda. Last one I played was Skyward Sword for the Wii, and it was SO GOOD. OMG. If you ever play it, prepare to set aside like, 50 hours for it. There's a mini game within Skyward Sword where you actually have to blow up holes to see which ones have rupees, and you basically have to find as many rupees as possible without getting blown up. :D

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9