Chanel Superstition de Chanel: Le Vernis Nail Colour in Alchimie

on
Wednesday, October 2, 2013

As I had mentioned before, I wasn't originally interested in anything from Chanel's Fall 2013 collection and had written it off as boring, but when I saw the actual display in person, I fell in love with two products. Aside from Rendez-Vous, there was one nail polish that I ended up coveting. Superstition saw the release of three new and limited edition shades of Le Vernis Nail Colour, but Alchimie is the only one I had to have, especially given that one looks like baby poop and the other is so dupeable. Each Le Vernis Nail Colour comes in a clear square bottle with a black cap, contains 13 ml of product, and retails for $27.

Alchimie

Alchimie

Alchimie is a medium warm-toned khaki-olive with threads of golden shimmer in a metallic finish. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It is completely self-levelling. Due to the nature of the finish, brush strokes are visible, so applying with a steady hand is recommended. It has medium-high to high pigmentation; the first coat looks semi-sheer, but it is completely opaque with a second coat. I can't think of any good dupes for this — it's darker, more green, and obviously less duochrome than Chanel's Peridot; it's more gold and more muted than China Glaze's Peace on Earth; and it's much lighter than China Glaze's Agro. Alchimie surprised me at being a really wearable colour that goes with just about any skintone. It's green, but it's a tarnished, muted green, so it goes with pretty much anything you wear, too. Alchimie is somehow fresh and antiqued at the same time, like the colour of a leaf that you know is going to fall any moment now... but it's still hanging on for the time being.
2 comments on "Chanel Superstition de Chanel: Le Vernis Nail Colour in Alchimie"
  1. Alchimie is the one I would have gotten from this collection too, although I still think it's really close to those China Glaze shades. But this looks like what I hoped Peridot would be. They are totally sisters. Chanel ombre nails please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer Peridot a lot more. I think it was a much more unique shade (at least, when it was released -- there are about a million dupes of it now, lol) and more dimensional and generally more interesting to look at. :P

      I have the China Glaze shades, too, and they're brighter and darker. I don't think Alchimie is a must-have, but it's a nice shade for fall and surprisingly neutral, too!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9