Canadian National Exhibition: Summer 2013 — Snapshots

on
Sunday, September 1, 2013
While the food is, of course, the most important and exciting aspect in going to The Ex, we still managed to do some exploring. We headed over to the Direct Energy Centre, which is home to the At Home Pavilion, International Pavilion, Shoppers' Market, and Warehouse Outlets, among other things. Of course, the first thing we saw when we walked in the building was the International Sand Sculpting Competition's final sculptures, and of course, the guy balancing rocks.

1st Place, Illya Filimonstev (Russia)

2nd Place, David Ducharme (Canada)

3rd Place, Dan Belcher (USA)

Rock on Rock by Daryl Maddeaux

Then, we passed by the Garden Show, which is "home to the largest flower and vegetable growing competition in Canada." Obviously, I had to take some photos of lovely nature-y things. Award-winning nature-y things. 


Aside from dahlias, there's also copious amounts of fruits and vegetables. Delightful, award-winning fruits and vegetables that you only wish your garden could bloom. You know, if you wished you had a garden. Which I don't.


Obviously, there's only so many photos I can take in there. So after spending a good hour exploring the Direct Energy Centre, we headed back out and towards the midway. I never go on any of the rides or anything because they're stupid expensive, but I always find it fun to walk through, especially at night. Because I think we can all appreciate pretty lights, no?


And, yes, folks, that was the cumulation of my CNE trip. The Ex closes tomorrow, which means tomorrow is Labour Day, which means that summer is nearly over and fall is just around the corner. And, you know, I'm totally okay with that.


Canadian National Exhibition
200 Princes' Boulevard
Toronto, ON M6K 3C3
(416) 393-6300
4 comments on "Canadian National Exhibition: Summer 2013 — Snapshots"
  1. I went as well and we have very similar night time midway photos, lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I imagine anyone who went at night and brought a camera has similar photos. :P I saw people with full-blown tripods and shit just setting up shop along the midway, lol. While I was taking photos that looked down the midway (the last photo, actually), I found one where this fat kid totally PHOTOBOMBED it. WELL-PLAYED, KID, WELL-PLAYED.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! I love the night time shots. My friend and I ended up going on the Sky Ride because we were tired from walking around and it took us to the other side of the Ex for $5. It's fun eating an ice cream up there and just taking in the view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! And good call on the Sky Ride. We thought about it but then we had three people with us so it would've been awkward... and then we were like, $5 could buy us MORE FOOD. LOL. But I imagine the photos from up there would've been even better. :)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9