July Pick-Ups & Deliveries

on
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
As it's the end of July, I thought I'd do a cumulative haul post for the month. I ended up doing way too much shopping in the past four weeks, which all started with — what else? — nail polish. I was going through sort of a nail polish funk, during which I was just bored of everything. I'm not sure this has happened to me before, but I guess it was inevitable. Nothing intrigued me all that much anymore; I love brights for summer as much as the next girl, but I had seriously met my quota this season. I'd been intrigued by HARE Polish for a while, though, and figured now was as good a time as any to try them out (love supporting indie brands, too), so I bought six shades that interested me the most. Of course, I saw that A-England also released a new collection inspired by Sleeping Beauty called Burne-Jones Dream, along with a couple of new shades in their already existing collections, and obviously had to get all of them, too.

HARE Polish Nail Lacquer in Hooky at the Hamlet, Golden Years, Oceans of Alloys, Cast in Bronze, Reverie in Rubellite, and Amethystos

A-England The Mythicals Collection Nail Lacquer in Excalibur (Summer 2013 Version); Heavenly Quotes Collection Nail Lacquer in Love is Enough; Burne-Jones Dream Collection Nail Lacquers in Fated Prince, Sleeping Palace, Briarwood, Briar Rose, and Rosebower

While I was walking around the mall one afternoon, I stopped by Lush to pick up a new tub of my favourite Big Shampoo and a small container of Whoosh Shower Jelly (love that ocean smell for summer), and then picked up a few new mascaras as well because despite my eternal love for MAC's Haute & Naughty Mascara, I was in the mood to try out some different formulas (Dior's new Diorshow Iconic Overcurl might actually be my new HG mascara). And, of course, to round out my beauty haul, I ordered a bunch of things from MAC, including new goodies from their So Supreme collection, plus several staple products and a bunch of new brushes. 

Lush Big Sea Salt Shampoo and Whoosh Shower Jelly

Lancôme Hypnôse Custom Volume Mascara in Deep Black, YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils in High Density Black, and Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara in Black

MAC So Supreme Collection

MAC Cleanse Off Oil, Fix+, Studio Fix Powder+ Foundation in NC35, and Mineralize Concealer in NC30

MAC Brushes: #239, #217 (x2), #227, #116, and #150

Finally, what with all the summer sales going on right now, I couldn't resist getting some new clothes. I was on the Mackage website a couple weeks ago and saw that nearly all their leather jackets were on sale. I'd been on the hunt for the right leather jacket for a long time, but could never find the right fit for the right price. I'd tried on a few Mackage styles at Aritzia, but didn't love any of them enough to splurge $600+ on it. Enter the Liat, a gorgeous bomber-style lambskin jacket. It has everything I want in a leather jacket: a center zip closure, a higher collar, ribbed cuffs and hem, and just the right amount of detailing to keep it interesting. I was worried that it might not fit properly since that's always a danger to ordering clothes online, but the sucker fits like a glove. The best part? It was 40% off. Seriously, it was meant to be. On that note, I also took advantage of Aritzia's Private Sale at the end of last month, and bought three new Babaton tops 'cause they were 20% off. Figured I needed more black in my wardrobe.

 
Mackage Liat Leather Jacket in Black; Babaton Julien T-Shirt in Black

 
Babaton Willis Blouse in Black; Babaton Ainsley Blouse in Black

Online shopping is just way too dangerous right now.
9 comments on "July Pick-Ups & Deliveries"
  1. I approve of EVERYTHING!

    July is seriously an insane shopping month. I kept picking up tiny things here and there, even though I don't really *need* anything. Deals are so hard to resist.

    I want to add some more black basics back into my wardrobe - screw colours, lol. Amazing picks here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks, Liz. ;)

      July is kind of evil and exciting at the same time for shopping. Like, you kind of justify "needing" something because it's on sale. I spent way too much money in July. I will need to cut down on the major hauls in August. :P

      LOL, I never buy colourful clothes. Black is just so much more versatile. :P And it looks good with everything, and I also never have to worry about what make-up I'm wearing, lol. And thanks, I love all the tops, too! Can't wait for fall to really bust out that leather jacket!

      Delete
  2. Those Hare polishes look magically delicious!!
    Cute logo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I think the bunny logo did me in. The polishes looked awesome on their own and then I saw the bottles and was like, "I MUST HAVE THESE!" And love supporting indie brands, too. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love that your comments are short, sweet, and to the point. Just like you. ;)

      Delete
    2. Lol! Love you girl!

      Delete
  4. Sweet pickups Denise! What are your thoughts on the best MAC brushes to own. I'm sort of addicted to brushes right now and I never can decide which to actually buy. I have the 130, 138 and the 210. Suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For face, I recommend the 129 for blush, 168 for contour, 187 for bronzer and powders, and 159 (which is new and permanent) for liquid foundation. For eyes, definitely the 217 for blending (I own like, eight of these just for my own use, lol), 239 for packing colour, 227 for concealer, and 266 for eyeliner (though I LOVE the 210 for liquid eyeliner).

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9