Friday Five: At the Movies

on
Friday, July 26, 2013
This week's Friday Five:
  1. Where in the theatre do you like to sit when you're at the movies? Usually middle-to-back, and as centre in the row as possible. It's the most ideal spot to watch a movie in the theatre because you don't have to crane your neck. 
  2. What characteristics does the ideal movie companion have? Doesn't ask stupid questions, talk, or generally disturb anyone during the film. Also, smells good. And has a good sense of humour.
  3. What memory do you have of things not going quite as usual at the movies? I remember there being a power outage once and they had to refund everyone's tickets. And there was also another time when the video stopped playing but the audio kept on going, so they gave out free movie passes to everyone.
  4. What are your feelings about commercials and movie previews playing before the film you're there to see? I'm kind of indifferent to the commercials, but I love movie previews. I get sad if I miss the previews, 'cause it doesn't feel like my movie-going outing is complete. But the best part about watching a movie here in Canada (at Cineplex theatres, anyway) is TimePlay, which plays right after commercials but before the previews. It's an audience participation mini game you play to get random prizes (I've totally won a free medium pizza from Pizza Pizza before) and SCENE points, which you can redeem for free movie tickets. I honestly think the SCENE program single-handedly increased movie ticket sales here.
  5. Who is an actor or director whose involvement in a film is enough to make you want to see it? Ryan Gosling, always and forever. Like, I don't even care what the movie is about or if it's critically-acclaimed or whatever. If Ryan's in it, I'm watching it.
4 comments on "Friday Five: At the Movies"
  1. I love movie previews too! It's the best bits of a movie crammed into a minute, which makes even the stupidest movies seem palatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, right? There's something about watching trailers that's somehow exciting and calming at the same time. Like, it gets me pumped for upcoming movies, but it also gets my mind calm and zen-like for the movie I'm there to see. :P

      Delete
  2. I like the very back centre because no fucker is going to kick your chair or breathe in your hair nor ask to move because he has to pee or some such nonsense. HATE commercials - they're so long and tedious now that I actually hate going to the theatre because of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TRUE, I especially hate chair kickers. Or people trying to move out of the aisle behind you and hit you in the head with their purse. But the back row is always taken first so I rarely ever get to sit there. :P

      I don't mind commercials only because I don't watch TV, so I find the ones that play before movies keep me in the loop about things. Like, I totally didn't know about Cinnamon Pops cereal until I saw the commercial in the theatre. And it's AWESOME.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9