Friday Five: Summer Rules

on
Friday, June 14, 2013
This week's Friday Five:
  1. You are the boss of summer time! So what behaviours are not allowed until summer's end? Drinking hot beverages. This time of year, every drink I consume has to be cold. I've been making iced coffee every single morning since April.
  2. And what is everyone required to talk about until summer's end? Awesome things happening this summer, whether it be concerts, new movies and music coming out, which restaurants to check out for Summerlicious, where to go for long weekends or vacations or road trips, etc.
  3. And what songs must be in regular rotation until summer's end? In the summer, I like to listen to songs that I can blast in my car because my windows are always rolled down (until it gets too humid, and then the A/C goes on). But the songs I tend to listen to this time of year are ones that remind me of summer rather than songs about summer. For example, bands that I used to see at Warped Tour (the one summer music festival that I always went to in middle and high school), or albums that were released in the summer, or just songs with that kind of summer-y feel. So, here's a random list:

    • Jimmy Eat World - Sweetness
    • Spoon - Got Nuffin
    • The Kills - Future Starts Slow
    • The Naked and Famous - Punching in a Dream
    • Rival Schools - Used for Glue
    • Refused - New Noise
    • The Distillers - Love is Paranoid
    • Interpol - PDA
    • No Doubt - Sunday Morning
    • Hole - Malibu
    • Metric - Gimme Sympathy
    • The Sounds - No One Sleeps When I'm Awake
    • Paramore - Proof
    • Veruca Salt - Volcano Girls
    • Spinnerette - Ghetto Love
    • Taking Back Sunday - A Decade Under the Influe
    • The Shins - So Says I
    • Rilo Kiley - Portions for Foxes
    • Jimmy Eat World - Futures
    • Death Cab for Cutie - Crooked Teeth

  4. And what must be eaten at least once per week until summer's end? If I had my way, I'd have BBQs every week, but since that doesn't happen, I'd probably say fruit that's in season, like strawberries, watermelon, mangoes, pineapples, etc. And frozen yogurt. Or ice cream. Or gelato. Or popsicles. Basically any frozen dessert.
  5. And since you are also the poster child for summer time, what activity will the poster display you engaged in? Smoking on a patio. I'd be the worst poster child, ever.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Summer Rules"
  1. Lol, you'll be horrified to know I drink hot beverages year 'round. I mean, I love my venti ice coffee as much as the next person, but there's something about the first sip of that hot drink in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, fair enough, I know a lot of people who still drink hot beverages all year... It's just my personal choice. I'll make hot coffee in the morning and then be like, "BUT THIS WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER COLD" so I add like six ice cubes. :P But I'm only like this now because I actually bought ice cube trays, lol! Now that the possibly of iced drinks is possible, I want to put ice in EVERYTHING. :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9