Bath & Body Works and Fruits & Passion: Semi-Annual Sales Haul

on
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
So, I had put myself in something of a Bath & Body Works ban since winter (aside from buying the occasional anti-bacterial hand gel) because I just had too much stuff accumulating. However, what with their Semi-Annual Sale, I thought this month would be the perfect time to end the ban. I think I controlled myself pretty well and didn't buy too many things that I wouldn't end up using:

The Italy Collection 3-Wick Candles in Limoncello, Sicilian Orange, Espresso Bar, and Bellini Cafe (50% off)

Juniper Breeze Shower Gel and Body Lotions ($4 each)

Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap in Sweet Pea, Kitchen Lemon, Coconut Lime Verbena, and Aqua Blossom ($3 each)

Anti-Bacterial PocketBac Hand Gel in Island Bamboo (x2), Aqua Blossom, Ocean (x2), and Fresh Market Apple (3 for $5)

I don't usually get excited for the Big Semi-Annual Sale for the actual bargains because, honestly, Bath & Body Works has sales all the damn time. I mean, it's a matter of waiting for them (like 2 for $25 candles or 6 for $25 hand soaps), but they happen nearly every month, so it's not a huge deal. In fact, I don't really know anyone that buys Bath & Body Works at full, regular retail price because they have sales so often. I was actually tempted to buy those candles when they first came out in April, but I never caught them on sale and refuse to buy them at full price, so I'm really glad I got to grab them now (especially because I still have like, 12 candles from their fall/winter collections). But the thing I get most excited for at the Semi-Annual Sale is the return of their classic scents. Now, I love Cucumber Melon, Pearberry, Country Apple, etc., but Juniper Breeze is probably my favourite of their classic scents. I was really disappointed that I couldn't find it anywhere last year, but what do I see the moment I walk into the store? Two full bins of Juniper Breeze shower gels and body lotions! Because I've bought so much body product in the past couple months, I had to restrain myself and get only one body wash and two body lotions, but I may have to return for more... 

Moisturizing Body Gel in Vanilla Pineapple, Mango Escape, Pomelo Granité, and Grapefruit Guava, and Bamboo Body Soufflé

While I was at the mall, I was passing by Fruits & Passion and noticed that they, too, are having a huge sale. So I obviously had to take a look. The girl helping me said that they only really have the big sales like this one a couple times a year, once in the summer and once after winter holidays (so, technically, it is also their Semi-Annual Sale). I've always loved Fruits & Passion's products, but their products are so much more expensive that I only ever go in their stores when they have sales. And even when they're on sale, I find that many of their sale prices are higher than the retail prices at Bath & Body Works or The Body Shop. But this time around, they had a lot more products included in the sale, and at much better bargains. So I picked up four of their Moisturizing Body Gels (the texture is absolutely phenomenal, a lightweight gel that absorbs instantly but hydrates incredibly well without leaving a sticky residue — so perfect for summer!) in Vanilla Pineapple, Mango Escape, Pomelo Granité, and Grapefruit Guava, and then a tube of their Bamboo Body Soufflé to complete the 5 for $30 deal (which equals to about 50% off each item!).

So, now that I have enough body product to last me the next year or so... I'm back on a ban again. 
6 comments on "Bath & Body Works and Fruits & Passion: Semi-Annual Sales Haul"
  1. Ooooooh! I keep forgetting to dip into BBW. NOT that I need anything, but... you know. Just to "look."

    That F&P Bamboo series is spectacular. I have the same body souffle and love it. Sometimes I don't even mind paying regular price for their stuff. Always afraid they'll go out of business, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's how it always is with BBW. You never actually need ANYTHING in that store. And you somehow justify buying like, 18 candles and 30 hand soaps. :P But I regularly avoid walking past BBW, because I know I'll be tempted to waste my money on stupid shit I don't need. The only reason I went in was because I got the e-mail about their Semi-Annual Sale, and I was like, "Alllriiiight, I'll just see what kind of deals they have..." THAT'S HOW THEY SUCK YOU IN.

      Oooh, I can't wait to try it out! I used to always buy stuff from F&P, back in the day when their packaging was all dark green. But I think with the arrival of BBW, their business has really decreased. I just think their pricing is too high for what it is. I know they're meant to be "higher end" but BBW and The Body Shop has so many good deals all the time that it's hard to justify a purchase from F&P especially if you already have a ton of body products or you're on a budget. Their packaging is still the nicest of the three, though, I'll give 'em that!

      Delete
  2. You've sold me on the Fruits & Passion body gel! Always looking for a new moisturizer. I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go buy some!!! I don't know when the sale will end, but they're on a 5 for $30 deal right now! :) And they have so many delightful scents!

      Delete
    2. I bought the gels last week! They were still on sale. :D So excited to use tomorrow. Tried some on my hand just now (Pomelo Granite) and it smells so delicious.

      Delete
    3. Yay! So glad you got some! :) It's definitely become one of my favourite formulas for summer. Absorbs instantly, smells amazing! :D

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9