Chanel L'Été Papillon de Chanel: Le Vernis Nail Colour in Azuré

on
Monday, May 27, 2013

When I first saw Chanel's Summer collection, L'Été Papillon de Chanel, at Bloomingdale's in New York earlier this month, I didn't care at all for the make-up collection (I have no interest in coloured mascara and eyeshadow crayons), but I knew I had to have the nail polishes. There are three in total, but I only picked up the blue shades and left the coral because it didn't look unique enough to justify $27. Plus, you know how I'm a sucker for blues. Azuré is undoubtedly the shade with the most hype from this collection — I mean, just look at how gorgeous it looks in the bottle.


Azuré is a medium-dark duochrome teal blue in a metallic finish. It will flash iridescent turquoise, green, royal blue, and indigo depending on the lighting and angle. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It is completely self-levelling. Due to the nature of the finish, brush strokes are visible, so applying with a steady hand is recommended. It has medium-high to high pigmentation; the first coat looks semi-sheer, but it is completely opaque with a second coat. It is lighter and less green than China Glaze's Deviantly Daring, and less sparkly, more metallic, and more muted than OPI's Catch Me in Your Net and Zoya's Charla. As duochrome polishes are becoming more popular, there are more and more shades like this coming out, so I wouldn't necessarily call this a must-have... but it sure is gorgeous, so if you don't have anything similar, then this is worth looking at (whether you can justify the $27 price tag is another story). Perfect time of year for this shade, though — it's exactly as I picture the ocean to look at the beach, getting the subtle nuances of the sun shimmering in the water and the colour shifts of rolling waves.
4 comments on "Chanel L'Été Papillon de Chanel: Le Vernis Nail Colour in Azuré"
  1. It's nice but I ignored all the LEs and bought a backup of Black Pearl instead because it may be my all-time favourite and they've discontinued it. I'm getting really tired of the LE schtick and it's exhausting trying to keep up! But between this and the Dior option, I would have chosen this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I heard that Black Pearl was being discontinued so when I was at the Chanel counter at Bloomingdale's, I had mentioned this, and the guy working there was like, "Really? We haven't heard anything about this! We still have tons of it!" So I'm wondering if they're just discontinuing it in Canada...

      It is exhausting to keep up with LE items. But, hey, Black Pearl started off as LE and then became permanent, so you never know. :)

      And I agree, I like this way more than the Dior duo!

      Delete
  2. Also like this shade better than the Dior! And obviously you know I love this in general - I've already worn it twice which is unheard of for me in the same month! It just makes me feel damn GOOD ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, RIGHT? It's funny, I'm not big on metallic polishes, but I think Chanel did a great job with this one. Like, I couldn't stop staring at my nails when wearing this one. I had tons of compliments on it, too. I SHOULD wear it again. Haha, wearing a nail polish more than twice at all is rare for me, but I WILL MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR CHANEL. :P

      I totally know what you mean by nail polishes making you feel good, though. Chanel's Nouvelle Vague and Essie's Where's My Chaffeur? are my feel-good shades, lol! What is it about aqua...?

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9