Friday Five: Social

on
Friday, April 12, 2013
This week's Friday Five:
  1. Where were you the last time you took an awkward tumble? It was a couple months ago. I was walking into The Bay and the floor was wet, and I was in my ankle boots and I slipped. I didn't fall, but there was a bit of skidding that I tried to play off...
  2. When did you last dine by the pleasant flicker of candlelight? I'm pretty sure the last time was when I was at Frida with Steph for our Winterlicious dinner. I guess I ain't that fancy!
  3. Who was the last person to cause you to yelp in surprise? I was meeting Ronsee for coffee at Tim Horton's one night last week; I was waiting for him in my car so I was on my phone playing Candy Crush, and next thing I know, I see a black silhouette standing right outside my window. I jumped back and yelped, heart thumping loudly — before I realized it was just Ronsee.
  4. What were your last good reads, and who recommended them to you? I usually read a book a week, and I've been really into fantasy and dystopian novels. I'm currently really enjoying The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare and I'm on the second book, City of Ashes. (I kind of wanted to read them all before the first movie comes out later this summer.) I also really loved The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson, which I finished sometime last week. I just recently bought the second book, but I'm probably going to finish The Mortal Instruments books first. Oh, and just before that, I finished Shatter Me and Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, which I loved and thought was really well-written. The main character really reminds me of Rogue from X-Men, actually. In fact, the series kind of reminds me of X-Men. I usually check out some books that Veronica Roth (author of the Divergent series) recommends on her blog, and then Amazon will always recommend books from there.
  5. When were your friends last in a twitter about something you just couldn’t get excited about? I have no idea, actually. It's usually the opposite — I get excited about things and none of my friends really feel the same way. Like, new make-up collections, Ryan Gosling, nail polish, new albums by my favourite rock bands, dystopian/fantasy novels, Pitch Perfect...
2 comments on "Friday Five: Social"
  1. When was the last time I took a tumble? YESTERDAY. I'm sure I'll have another one before Friday next week.

    LOL, I never really pay attention to candle light enough to notice any pleasant feelings from watching its light flicker.

    Is it bad that I immediately thought of Yelp.ca/com for #3? I was like, why does that answer HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YELPING?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, "Mary" and "accident-prone" are basically synonyms, like, "Oh, girl, you fell down the stairs again? You so Mary!"

      Haha, yeah, the only time I really notice candles when I'm dining is when I have to move them. :P

      LMAO, does a person often cause you to check yelp.com in surprise?

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9