Friday Five: Storage

on
Friday, January 27, 2012
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What are your favourite storage containers like? I really like these white plastic bins from Ikea for my make-up and skincare because they look so sleek and streamlined. I don't think they sell them anymore, though.
  2. What seems to require more time and energy to store than it's worth? My CDs. It seems like such a simple task, and then it's like, "Should I organize alphabetically or by genre?" And then when I realize I have over 500 albums to go through, it's like, "Maybe I should just leave it in a pile in the corner of my room..." Oh, and also printed photographs. I don't print many pictures now, but back in the day, I had hundreds and hundreds of photos to sort and store. It was ridiculously time-consuming, and I don't think I ever really looked at them again.
  3. What unusual container are you storing something in? I am currently storing my Muji pens in a Squirt the Sea Turtle (from Finding Nemo) plastic mug that Shawn got for me when we went to Disney on Ice.
  4. What packaged product has a container you really like? Pretty much all cosmetics from Dior and Chanel, and YSL's Rouge Volupté lipsticks. Oh, and I really, really love the packaging for some of MAC's limited edition collections: Fafi, Dame Edna, Baroque Boudoir, To The Beach, Give Me Liberty of London, Marcel Wanders. Lollia's packaging is some of the prettiest I've ever seen, and I also like the simplicity of Fresh's perfume bottles, the sleek and slim Julep nail polish bottles, and the ridiculously luxe-looking Marvis toothpastes. There's plenty more, but I'll just keep it to these.
  5. If you suddenly had some new storage space in your home, what would likely go there? Nail polish!
4 comments on "Friday Five: Storage"
  1. Oh, wow. That Marvis website is something else. Fanciest toothpaste ever!

    I have a friend who says she has a nail polish rack at home and I am so jealous! Need one. In fact, I need to rethink my entire storage/organization for... like, everything. :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! Where do you get a nail polish rack? I need, like, eight of them!!!

      And I know what you mean -- everyone's been blogging about all these organizational systems they have for their cosmetics and things, and now I'm seriously re-thinking mine... My current bins are kind of overflowing...

      Delete
    2. Could you imagine? I dream of Carrie's closet that Big made her in the crap SATC movie... except with extra storage for makeup!

      I saw one that someone put up for a swap on MakeupAlley, but obviously shipping was going to be an arm and a leg. Sometimes spas and boutiques go out of business and put up their stuff for sale on Craigslist. My friend used to work at a Trade Secret so I'm assuming she got it through them way back when.

      Delete
    3. Totally. Carrie's addiction to shoes = Denise's addiction to make-up. :(

      I totally enjoyed that SATC movie, even though it was so full of fluff, it could have been a big bag of cotton balls.

      I need to go stalk stores that are closing down and see what kind of racks they have. (To be clear, I am talking about organizational racks, lol.)

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9