Friday Five

on
Friday, February 18, 2011
This week's Friday Five:
  1. Nowadays, just about everyone knows a couple who first met online. Among couples you know, who has the best story? My friend, Laura, met her first boyfriend online. They ended up going out for five years before breaking up last year. But I think that's the only couple I ever knew in real life that met online. I mean, I know plenty of people that have done the online dating thing, maybe went on a few dates, but it never ended up in a relationship.
  2. Who among your real-life acquaintances might you never have been friends with if you hadn't gotten to know each other online first? Sydney!
  3. Of people you know online only, who would you most like to meet in real life? Mary, Heather, Ambrosia, and Christine. Realistically, Mary is probably the only one I would actually ever meet, since we live in the same city!
  4. In the past 365 days, what's the longest you’ve gone without connecting in any way to the Internet, including email? Um... maybe five hours? Even when I'm not at my laptop or my Internet is down at home, I have my iPhone with me at all times, so I always have access to e-mail or the Web in general.
  5. Who is the least-connected person you know in real life? My grandparents.
3 comments on "Friday Five"
  1. Awww! Thanks, Denise :D!!!


    And I don't believe in online dating AT all. Are we so lazy that we now have to rely on programs to make a 'connection' for us?!

    I'm also connected 24/7, it's almost sick. Don't know what I would do without my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    I can't believe I've known you for like... I don't know.. 8 years or something like that!

    Hot Hot Heat baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Mary, to be fair, I've tried the online dating thing... I did it because it was really hard to meet anyone new and my friends didn't have any eligible single friends, and I work in an industry that is pretty much 90% women, and 9% gay men... :P But I met Shawn through my friend and we started hanging out and then we ended up really liking each other. It was so high school, like, "OMG, does he like me?! Is he gonna call me?!" LOL.

    And Sydney! I can't believe it's been that long, but it totally has. I met you when I was in high school, in grade 10 or 11! Holyyyyyy, it seems so long ago...

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9